Chapter 5: SEE YOU SOON OR GOODBYE?

It was a quiet ride all the way to the airport.

 I was with Jun and four other members on one van. Mingyu and Wonwoo were the only ones talking at the back seat, but they were just *whispering* to each other. 

Seungkwan and Vernon were sleeping like twin brothers. I, on the other hand, was alone in the passenger seat next to Doogi hyung, our favorite manager-hyung.

Jeonghan, on the other hand, decided to go with DK and the rest on other van.

"Hyung, I think I'll miss your crazy dances", Jun said.

"Haha, ask DK to do that. He's better at goofing around", I told him.

We arrived at the airport around 4 in the afternoon. Since the members can't join me inside, we had to talk upon arriving on the departure area.

"Hey hyung, make sure you return with lots of snacks and chocolates.", Seungkwan said.

"Yah, Boo, instead of thinking about foods, why don't you bid him a good flight?", Wonwoo said.

Everyone was present at the airport tonight. I booked a flight going back to Los Angeles at 7pm, so I didn't have time to chat with them since I was busy packing my bags.

"Hey guys, I'll be gone for about 5 months, so please behave yourselves, okay?", I reminded them.

Yes, I will be in Los Angeles for FIVE months. Why? I have to help my parents with their business, and I'll be spending summer there as well.

The airport speakers suddenly caught our attention. "Calling all passengers for Los Angeles, California via American Airlines, please proceed to the waiting area. Boarding for the flight has now begun".

So finally, I'm going home to meet my mom. But one thing was missing.

"Has anyone seen Han?", I asked, looking around.

Come to think of it, ever since we arrived at the airport, Jeonghan was not to be seen anywhere. I haven't even talked to him after the "waking-up incident", since I had to rush out to buy the tickets.

Jeonghan, where on earth are you? Why is my bestfriend not here when he knows that I will be leaving?!?

"He said he's not feeling well, that's why we left him in the van", Cheol said.

"What? Is he sick?", I was already nervous before I even asked that question.

I took my phone out and dialled his number. He was not answering my call.

I decided to use Doogi-nim's phone instead.

"Hello hyung.", he softly said.

My heart trembled. Why was his voice like this? It's as if he was crying before he answered the call. I could feel him even if he's not here with me.

"Jeonghan-ah, it's me, Jisoo", I whispered, as my eyes were already building tears.

Before I could even talk another word, he dropped the call.

I was silent. No. Everything and everyone around me suddenly became silent as if I was the only one left in the world. And all I could hear was the *beep beep* sound coming from the phone that I was holding.

I remembered how my tears fell down while I was taking a bath. But this time, the tears were visible enough since there was no bath water to hide it.

I dialled his number again, but this time I pressed voice call recording instead.

"Jeonghan-ah. I don't know what's happening, but I am sorry. If it was because of what I did or said earlier, I apologize. You do know that we like saying jokes, right? Although we both know that sometimes jokes are half-meant.", I quietly said.

"You do know that it will be you whom I'll miss the most, right? Don't worry, I'll be back after 5 months. The heck, you can even call me while I'm in LA, right?", I tearily said.

As tears keep dropping from my eyes, I still continued with what I wanted to say.

"Yah, Yoon Jeonghan! I know you're not sick. You always were the first one to say goodbye to me everytime I go back home to LA. I know something's bugging your mind right now. My shoulders may not be there for you to lean your head on, but my heart is always with you.", I slowly said.

"Last call for the passengers of American Airlines going to California."

Oh boom speakers, what a wrong timing you are!

"I have to go now. I am missing you a lot right now", I said

"You know I love you. I'll see you after 5 months. Goodbye".

Those were the last words I said to him, and I don't even know why I said that.

I boarded the plane with tears in my eyes.