Chapter Fifteen

I glanced at my wrist, adorned with a leather strap watch. As time kept ticking, my eyes began to droop, all the excitement of the day finally taking its toll. My head was placed lightly onto Justin’s shoulder, as he spun a long strand of my hair between two of his fingers; relaxing me. We sat there in a comfortable silence, watching the bright orange flames as the fire slowly burned down. Thoughts of Justin and I were constantly awakening me, not letting me get even a blink of sleep.

It was useless, and I could also tell that I wasn’t the only one not able to get to sleep. Removing my head from Justin’s shoulder, I smiled up at him; my eyes instantly finding his dark honey coloured orbs. The light from the fire shone into them, making them seem lighter than usual.

I snuggled into him, hugging him around his sides as he did the same. Although Pattie’s room was unbelievably warm, Justin managed to keep me warm through body heat. This is what I mean when I say huggable.

“Courtney?” Justin questioned, his voice soft as it sent his chest vibrating.

“Hmm?” I mumbled, not bothering to remove my head from his chest, his scent took over me, my mind a whirlpool as I breathed it in.

“Thank You” he whispered, swiping away a strand of my hair that had found its way to my eyes; tucking it behind my ear.

“What for?” utterly confused, I felt his hold around my waist tighten slightly.

Justin took in a deep breath, before reluctantly blowing it back out. His eyes glistened as I gazed back into them; my cheeks heating up as a cute smile found its way onto his lips. “For giving me a chance”.

“Justin, of course I would’ve gone on a date with you, you’re honestly the sweetest guy I’ve ever met. Please don’t put yourself down” We’d already been through this, but even still, he wasn’t convinced.

I made it my goal to convince him, to have him have confident in himself. Just the slightest. Justin was different, there was just something about him that wouldn’t shake off; and once you get to know him, he’s in your life forever.

I was holding onto it, to Justin. I was never to let go of him.

Shaking the various thoughts from my jumbled mind, I watched as the fire finally burnt out, leaving the fireplace to the darkness.

“Do you wanna go to bed?” Justin spoke, nudging his cold nose into my neck, sending ripples of shivers and Goosebumps down my body. I yawned momentarily, nodding slightly into his chest. He chuckled, causing a sly grin to spread across my face, happy with my achievement.

Within the next few seconds I felt myself fall, a strong arm quickly wrapping itself behind my back, and another under my knees. Justin hugged me to his chest, walking slowly careful not to walk into anything. After living in this room for nearly a whole month – gosh has it really been that long?! – he’d gotten his wareabouts correct and could now walk around without having to be led.

My eyes slowly closed without warning, leaving me to drown in the darkness. I felt myself be lowered, the soft, cloudlike mattress engulfing me. The covers were pulled up to just under my chin, heating up the whole of my body as I snuggled further into the mattress to get more comfortable. A soft, sweet kiss was planted at my hairline, leaving it to tingle. I could feel his hot, minty breath on my face; sending me into a mental frenzy.

“Goodnight Courts” he whispered, tiredness laced between each word he spoke.

But with my muscles being numb, and being unable to move due to tiredness; I simply lay there until the sound of the door closing echoed around the room. Soon sleep engulfed me, leaving millions of thoughts scattered in my mind.