Chapter Thirty Nine

Courtney's POV;

"Courtney! Justin! Come on you need to wake up!" A high pitched squeal echoed through the hallway along with light footsteps, until finally sounding throughout the room, bouncing off the walls and ceiling. I didn't open my eyes, wanting to savour as much time wrapped in Justin's warm embrace as I could, but it was soon to end. 

The bed dipped suddenly as Jazmyn jumped onto Justin's side of the bed, probably climbing over him in a drastic attempt to wake him from his slumber. "Jazmyn why now?" Justin grumbled from behind me, his words muffled as his lips stayed pressed against my bare shoulder. His arms pulled tighter around my waist, thumbs tracing irregular patterns on my skin. Jazmyn giggled sweetly, moving over Justin's body to face me. My eyelids scrunched as she pressed a small palm to both of my cheeks, squishing them together continuously, laughing at the ridiculousness of it all. Laughs escaped me in spurts, muffled by my lips pressed together uncomfortably by Jazmyn's small hands. 

"Courtney!" Jazmyn exclaimed as soon as my eyes opened, her hands stilling their movements but still holding my face. She sweetly kissed my forehead before rolling effortlessly off the bed, landing on her small feet, "Tell Justin it's Christmas and I can't wait any longer!" she squealed before leaving the room rather abruptly and running downstairs. 

After a few moments of silence - other than Justin's heavy breathing and sighs of relief - I decided that it was finally time to give in to the day and Jazmyn's commands. "Come on J, you heard the girl" I whispered, patting his side before rolling out from his arms. I chuckled as he groaned upon realizing my leave, pulling the duvet further up towards his face, revealing his toes consequently. My chuckles drowned into silence as I slyly made my way forwards, towards the temptation of tickling his bare revealed toes. 

At first it did not register to him that I was purposefully doing so, as he pulled his feet back underneath the duvet, legs tucked up to his stomach.

"Courtney s-stop!" he giggled sweetly after my many attempts of secretly tickling his feet. He soon found out my plans and pulled himself out from under the duvet. His face held a wonderful smile, plump pink lips and pearly white teeth, as he gazed up at me from his place on the mattress. "I love you" he spoke confidently as he slowly arose from his sitting position, making his way to stand beside me at the wardrobe, and I soon returned with my response, "I love you too, J".

I decided to stay in my pyjamas for the morning, and so did Justin, as he pulled on a white t-shirt and kept his basketball shorts on. We brushed our teeth before making our way downstairs, where everyone else sat on the plush sofas surrounding the Christmas tree. Justin linked his little finger with mine, gently guiding me to sit beside him on the only free sofa. My teeth pulled at my bottom lip as I tried to suppress a smile, at the memory of how our roles were suddenly reversed, and the wonderful feeling of tingles raising goosebumps on my arms. "Ah, here they are!" Jeremy exclaimed, capturing everyone's attention, before smiling at Jazmyn in acceptance. She was eager to dive into the piles of presents under the tree, pulling out multiple boxes at a time. She placed a red package on the floor where she was previously seated, before handing one to Pattie, another to Justin, and surprisingly, one to me. I glanced to Jeremy with furrowed eyebrows, astonished that he had taken the time and thought into giving me - a complete stranger - a Christmas present. 

"You make my son happy, and that means the world." he confirmed, smiling gently in my direction.Pattie nodded in agreement, "Yes, honey, you're like one of the family" she gently spoke, and I became aware of the tears beginning to pool at my water line. I mouthed a small 'thank you' before finally looking towards the neatly wrapped parcel in my hands. Jazmyn pulled out a toy horse encased in a glitter-package, and a small music box with a twirling ballerina and jewel accents. Justin received an iPod with music already downloaded onto it, as well as a new wallet with notes already stuffed into the side pockets. My box revealed a small white silver ring, a Pandora ring, with a sapphire blue gem beautifully placed into the centre. Honestly, I wanted to cry at the wonderful situation I was in that moment, the overwhelming love of a 'family' such a uncommon thing but it was finally becoming something I was growing used to. 

Then, from Pattie and Jazmyn, I received a leather strap watch with a pearl like face, and a couple DVD's that I had only heard of but had never watched. I then passed around small parcels and shimmering paper bags to Pattie, Jeremy and Jazmyn, keeping Justin's by my side and whispering "I'll give you yours in a minute" and placing a light kiss on his heated cheek. Jazmyn once again squealed as she pulled out a teddy bear, it's paws a deep red and his nose a leather patch. She hugged the bear to her stomach and flipped through the books I had also bought, admiring the unicorns, fairies and princesses. "Will you read this to me tonight, Courtney?" she asked, crawling across the rug to sit beside me. I nodded once, kissing her forehead before anxiously peeking over to Jeremy and Pattie. 

I'd given Pattie a framed photo of Justin and Jazmyn that I had taken rather mindlessly whilst they were exchanging secrets in the park a few weeks ago, as well as a leather band bracelet with a couple silver bead charms. She smiled gratefully, tears rimming her eyelids, before she set everything aside and hugged me tight, her gratitude comforting me instantaneously. "Thank you so much, honey" she whispered against my shoulder, before pulling away with a slight smile. 

Jeremy smiled at the books I had given him, as well as a camera that I thought was certainly needed to capture the special moments he would surely be spending with his family; and he also thanked me very gratefully. 

Justin handed out his gifts, placing a kiss on his mothers and sisters cheeks, and hugging his father, before sitting back down beside me on the sofa, a mischievous glint in his eye. "And I'll give you yours later" he mumbled into the pale skin on my neck, moving my hair from one shoulder to the other in one swift motion. 

After everyone had exchanged presents and gifts as well as hugs and kisses, they all left the lounge to start on the breakfast lay out next door, leaving Justin and I alone.

"Okay, so, here you go" I whispered, handing over a green box, stuffed with red tissue paper, protectively holding its contents. First Justin pulled out multiple disks, confused as to what they were. He looked to me for clarification, "They're disks, audio books. I thought you might like these, and I also included a few of my personal favourites, but if you don't like them, I mean, I can take them back" I shrugged off my ramble, worry pooling in my irises at the thought of him hating them. 

He quickly placed a comforting hand on my knee, and smiled a wide, bright smile, assuring me that he did, in fact, like his presents. His eye then caught onto a silver chain, slowly pulling it from the masses of tissue paper, to reveal a necklace. It was a silver chain, of medium length, that held a small pendant, a silver compass. He brought the piece up to his eyesight, squinting at the pendant, curiosity and complete confusion once again washing over his face. "What is it?" he cheekily asked, his lips pulling into a wide grin and his mahogany eyes wide and glossy with awe. 

"It's a compass" I giggled, taking the delicate chain from his hands before loosening the catch and fastening it around his neck. He looked beautiful. The silver glistened as it reflected the yellow light from the open fireplace, and his skin glowed just as much. The chain hung loosely around his neck, flowing over his collarbone and his chest, and I had to remind myself not to give into the temptation to kiss him then and there.

"Thank you, Courts" he whispered, biting his bottom lip with his white teeth, and latching onto the silver chain with his left hand. "Now for your present!" he excitedly called, pulling his body backwards to reach for the small red velvet box. "I hope you like it" he quickly spoke, before slowly handing over the pretty little box. Nerves settled within me as my fingertips latched onto the opening of the box. 

"Oh my gosh, Justin!"