Chapter Thirty Two

Courtney's POV;

I lay on top of the white, crisp sheets, my hair tangled and spread out across the four plush pillows. As a strand of hair fell over my forehead and onto my eyelashes, I huffed and the strand blew upwards. My arms were spread out as far out as possible, so much so that I could grasp onto either side of Justin's double bed.

"Babe," Justin chuckled, pulling his t-shirt over his head, leaving him shirtless and barefoot wearing only a gray pair of sweatpants. He walked towards me, kneeling down at the side of the bed when he grew closer, "You're worn out, and all you did was chase Jaz around the garden for a couple of minutes" A heartwarming smile etched its way onto his face and I mirrored his smile in return.

"She's fast, J. Her age simply isn't a factor, why won't you believe me" I mumbled, huffing in mock annoyance, closing my eyes momentarily before opening them again.

He chuckled once more before standing and walking around until he was at the bottom of the bed. He began to remove my shoes, which was pretty easy for him to do as they were only dolly shoes - Laces would have been a much harder task for him I'm sure. "I can give you some of my clothes if you want?" He asked, nervously running his tanned hand through his bronzed locks.

Sitting up on the bed now, I sat up on my knees so that I was nearly at the same height as him, "Please" I answered simply, before pulling him in for a sweet kiss. My hand reached up to his warm cheek, and I gently traced anonymous patterns there whilst we slowly kissed. His lips tasted of mint mixed with the sharpness of medicine tasting cough sweets.

Butterflies erupted in my stomach, and my heart began to beat against my delicate rib cage. My cheeks tingled as his long eyelashes tickled my rosy cheeks. Pulling away, I kissed his cheek lightly before opening my eyes and watching as he opened his too, his honey orbs gazing back at me in adoration. "I love you" he whispered, as if keeping it a secret between only us two. He pulled me closer towards his chest, me still kneeling on his bed, and his hands met at my back, his warm and comforting arms bringing a sense of safety and security. I racked my fingers slowly and gently through his silky hair, and he bit his lip once I did.

"I love you, too" I spoke, my nose nudging his bare chest as we slowly swayed, my face pushed against his warm chest and his arms tightly wrapped around me.

He lifted his head slightly, and placed a small but sweet kiss at the hairline on my forehead, before he pulled away with obvious reluctance. I watched in silence as he turned and walked towards his wardrobe "Courts, which shelf has the t-shirts?" He asked, without turning around. I could tell he was squinting as he tried to tell the difference between the clothes placed and folded neatly on the shelves in his wardrobe.

I got off his comfortable bed and walked up behind him, brushing a single fingertip against his back in a single line before pulling an oversized (well, to me it was) t-shirt off the shelf. Smiling and pecking him on the cheek out of habit, I quickly scurried into the bathroom to get changed. To be completely honest, I wouldn't feel uncomfortable with getting changed in the same room as Justin; I just didn't want the embarrassment of making Justin uncomfortable.

After taking off my jeans and shirt, I draped Justin's t-shirt over me, the rim reaching mid thighs and the sleeves reaching my elbows. I folded my clothes up neatly and then walked back out into Justin's room, to see him nestled in his bed, under the pristine white duvet covers. He turned onto his back when he heard the click of the door, and then watched my figure as I walked towards the bed and lay down beside him, entangling my bare legs with his. Justin's elbow was placed on the pillow above my head, and he curled a strand of my hair around his finger mindlessly as he gazed down at me, his honey orbs seeming black as no light reached them.

"You're beautiful" he whispered, sincerity laced within his words, and I was surprised as they were the first words he had spoken regarding my appearance since he had gained a fraction of his sight back. I smiled and attempted to bury my blushing cheeks into the pillows, but failed as he pulled me closer towards him by placing his gentle hands on my hips, there he drew imaginary circles with his index finger tips.

"J?" I began, mindlessly tracing the beautiful latticework of veins on his bare bicep. I heard him murmur in response, his warm breath heating my cheeks and causing tingling to occur on my neck; "Why did you leave?" I whispered, afraid of the answer that was about to spill from his plump, pink lips. 

Risking to glance at him, I noticed that he was staring towards the white ceiling, biting at his bottom lip in thought. "M-My Dad found a job here, a-and moved us all closer towards his work s-so he could see us more often". He spoke so slowly, but still stuttering in nerves, as if giving me time to fully grasp what he was telling me. But I understood completely - yes, I may not have had a happy family whilst growing up, but I know of the kind of family I dreamed of having. A family that would care for each other, and put their family before their own needs. How could I blame Justin, or blame anyone for that matter, when it was just the case of a loving family wanting to be closer together.

"I didn't know, Courts. I swear, if I'd have known-" He began to panic, taking my silence as a form of annoyance or hurt. I quickly cut his words off with a kiss, lingering until I was certain that he had relaxed. When I pulled away, I smiled reassuringly towards him, comforting him and his worries.

And then we remained, in silence - beautiful silence - our deep breaths the only sound to be heard. 

Sleep pulled me in, and I accepted without reluctance, happy to be falling asleep again in Justin's hold.