o n e

❝ stand the rain ❞____1

stand the rain
____
1

The crowds roars and whistles sounded as they huddled in a
circle around the two high schoolers; Adonte Jackson and Jeremy Scott.

Jeremy huffed sharply with hooded eyes as he kept his attention on Adonte. Meanwhile, Adonte remain calm but was very nervous within. Jeremy couldn't swallow losing the boxing championship about a month ago especially not to some wimp like Adonte, he thought.

Both boys held their hands in a tight fist right above their faces, rotating around each other in motion. Due to time, Jeremy finally threw a punch that didn't connect anywhere upon Adonte. Adonte had studied his way of fighting -he took a step first before taking a jab.

Once Adonte noticed him step forward slyly, he blocked Jeremy's fist and sent his own coming around to Jeremy's face. OO's erupted in the crowds when Jeremy stepped to the side to recollect himself.

He's going to kill me were the type of thoughts on Adonte's mind. Since when he was a freshman, Jeremy verbally bullied him and winning that fight didn't help any.

Los Angeles, California is where they were located and attended David Starr Jordan High School. Average school for average students that no one had much faith in-though some students did have hidden and open talents. The teachers who actually cared and believed in you could be counted by the fingers on your hand while the others predicted you'd just be killed in the streets of Watts or Compton.

Adonte was an averagely smart junior teenager and same for the senior student Jeremy-though he was the type of class clown to put on as if he's clueless. Jeremy had scholarships ready for himself while Adonte was still trying to figure himself out and the piece that was missing in the void of his life.

Angrily, Jeremy spit the blood from his mouth and it splattered against the concrete. Adonte noticed a different glint in his eyes and it caused his own to widen so he started to back-pedal. Jeremy lunged to him, knocking Adonte to the ground. The punches from Jeremy flew straight into Adonte's face.

Jeremy clinched Adonte to where he couldn't defend himself or throw punches. He sent body blows to his mid section as his posse howled throughout the crowd, motivating him to accelerate.

"Jeremy, you need to leave him alone." Rhonda, Jeremy's girlfriend said but calmly. Her and her best friend, Isla stood near the fight. It wasn't a new thing for Jeremy to be fighting like this so Rhonda simply folded her arms and shook her head as Isla felt pity for Adonte.

"Jeremy get off of him. He's not even moving!" Isla blurted just as a whistle was finally blown. Adonte felt his body become numb. He coughed severely as Jeremy stood up slowly from him. The school's security tiredly pushed Jeremy back by his chest.