t w o

❝ California Dreamin' ❞

California Dreamin'

____
2

Adonte looked through the crowds of people in search. Then, it's like the huddles broke apart and revealed Isla standing there. He could've sworn he saw heavenly glow come down on her from the clouds.

Adonte grabbed her hands in his and stripped her away from everyone else. They begin to run away together, hand in hand over the sand of the beach. Their small laughs were in union when they came up on a hut with a bedroom inside.

Once opening the door and entering inside, Adonte laid back on the mattress. He turned his attention to Isla as she straddled his lap. Adonte kept his hand behind his head as she cupped the side of his face.

"Adonte." Isla called sweetly as he eased his eyes closed. He sighed softly and hummed a yes. She continued to call his name but every time, her voice got deeper. Adonte furrowed his brows.

"Adonte!" He finally broke from his satisfying dream and realized his grandpa had been calling his name. Adonte sat up in a mere groan as his alarm clock was beeping as well.

"Come on boy, you gotta get to school!" His grandpa, Leroy, stated with a hard pat to his back. Adonte flinched.

"I'm coming." Adonte grumbled in reply, feeling himself starting to doze back off already. That was until he felt rough fingers start to tickle him. He couldn't compose his laugh as it burst out.

"Let's go! Up now. Your grandma got food ready." Leroy encouraged all while still tickling him. Adonte laughed wildly, grabbing his hands tightly for him to stop. His grandpa finally did and left the room for him to get up and dressed.

Adonte shook his head as he postured straightly in his bed. His laughs had died down and he hissed at his side pains. "Shit hurts." He grumbled referring to not only his grandpa's rough tickling but also the fight from yesterday.

Not taking long at all to get dressed, Adonte flung his backpack on his side and made his way into the kitchen. He took in the view of his grandma, Vivian over the stove as always as Leroy sat at the table enjoying his meal.

"Baby, come on and eat. Always being busy." Leroy spoke towards Vivian. Adonte made his way to her and gave her a hug along with a soft hey grandma.

"I'm coming, I'm coming. Hey Don. Still can't hear that alarm clock." She shook her head with a laugh then gestured her hand towards the table. "There's your plate, just how you like it. The strawberry jelly is on the table."