s e v e n t e e n

❝ Golden Gloves ❞____17

Golden Gloves
____
17

Today was the day everyone had been waiting for -that is, the people who knew about Adonte and Jeremy's rivalry. Printouts of the match were made and posted next to prom posters.

Adonte spent most of his week watching old Muhammad Ali and mike Tyson fights, studying their methods -when he was at home and not at school or work. He did push-ups and jumped rope every other night.

Adonte stood in his area in the back of the gym, blowing out constant breaths. Mr. Willis just looked towards him, giving him his moment of mediation as Don wrapped his hands. He stood up and glanced up at the ceiling, doing a cross over his chest.

Jeremy was at the other end of the gym, throwing air punches aggressively while high grunts left his mouth. His group of friends nodded with wide grins at his routine as two passed blunts back and forth.

"You got this bruh." Danny stated, smacking Jeremy once on his back. Jeremy stood back, took a sharp breath and looked at Danny with a nod.

"Hope they have my belt ready."

Meanwhile on the other side of town a fight had already broke out between Stacey and Rhonda. Isla pulled Rhonda from her with all her might, yelling for her best friend to let go of her other friend.

"You trick ass bitch!" Was the last thing Rhonda said as she stormed away, pulling her cardigan back up on her arms. Isla looked between the two as Stacey poked her tongue into her cheek and rolled her eyes, shutting her front door back.

Isla rushed off to Rhonda quickly while chanting her name. Rhonda sat on the curb and cried in her arm sleeve silently, sniffling being heard between. Issy sat beside her and rubbed her opposite arm.

"Rhon what happened? Why were you guys fighting?" Is asked once again since she still didn't get an answer.

"Here I am trying to check on her and I find out she's on the phone with Jeremy! They've been sleeping together for a month now Is." Her friend explained and shook her head, wiping her constant falling tears as she looked out in the distance at the street they were on.

Isla mouth was slightly dropped as she was surprised. She cleared her throat and shook her head also but in disgust that Stacey would do her own friend like that. It was hard to have sympathy for her about the other situation with this one revealed.

"I'm sorry Rhon." She rubbed her friend back, trying to comfort her in some kind of way. She glanced at Stacey's house then back at the side of Rhonda's face. "He wasn't any good anyways."