t w e n t y

❝ Twelve Months Later ❞____20

Twelve Months Later
____
20

Receiving the pregnancy news was probably second to the hardest thing Adonte had to accept in a short period of time -the death of his grandfather being the first. A day after knowing about his seed's growth, he wasted no time to break the news.

There they all sat on the couch: him, his grandma, his father and his mother. The clicking from the clock was the only thing heard as they waited for him to continue after he abruptly blurted, "I have something to tell you guys."

Adonte looked into the palm of his hands, feeling the moisture of sweat coat them as the same statement bounced off the walls of his brain. He blew out a breath and looked up, glancing into all of their eyes one by one before stating, "I.. have a baby on the way."

"Good lord!" Was Vivian's immediate reaction as she threw her hands towards the sky. As if she didn't have enough on her shoulders, she felt as if this was more stress on her. Then she realized, Adonte would have to step up to his responsibility himself -of course they'll always be there for him but he made the decisions of unprotected sex so he has to deal with the consequences of raising a child.

"Grandma.." Adonte trailed off softly, not knowing if she was hurt or happy about the news but considering he was a seventeen child about to have a child of his own, he figured she wasn't too ecstatic.

"It's your responsibility Don." She replied in a low tone, giving him a soft smile. She knew he had grew up but she didn't think he was partaking into sexual activities so early.

"I promise I'm going to step up grandma. I'm going to finish school and keep working. I'll. . balance it somehow." Adonte promised, knowing this world be a major change in his young life. Meanwhile, Adonte's biological parents was still digesting what he had said.

"I'm. . going to be a grandma." Said Samantha in an uncertain tone. She peered off into the distance and gasped, covering her mouth with her hands as the thought was clicking slowly together -they all couldn't believe it.

Isla furrowed her eyebrows to the back and forward altercation that her parents were arguing about downstairs. She had thought maybe the day after her graduation she'd get to sleep in but obviously that wasn't the case.

"Keith it's not there anymore!" Michelle stomped her feet as she screamed, her husband standing a couple of feet away from her. She couldn't compose the tears as she rubbed her forehead, a skin trembling headache knocking against her head.

"You sit here and you got papers while I was gone! All I've done for you!"

"You never want to work it out! Yeah, you do shit for me. You pay for shit for me and so what! I want love Keith and sex, good ass sex and maybe your tongue in my pussy every once in a while! What happened to that huh?"