e l e v e n

❝Hot Note ❞____11

Hot Note
____
11

"Bye daddy." Isla exclaimed as she hugged her father tightly and he did the same in return. He kissed her forehead as he patted her back and they parted from each other. He was preparing to leave for his month long trip in another state in order to train new, young officers -considering he was older and more experienced in the job. He also took his oath to his city seriously.

"I'll be back soon. Be good. Love you." He tells her lastly as she nods, rushing towards the front door. "No coming home later than twelve either!"

"Yes dad, I know. Okay, love you too." Issy shut the door behind her, leaving both of her parents in the house as she trailed to her car. She was fixing to meet up with both Adonte and Marcus to resume where they left off with the interviews. But first, Adonte wanted her to come to an address for a surprise.

Little did she know, the surprise was to further her desire to sing -letting her record anything of her choice in Marcus' home studio. Marcus and Adonte were in the studio at the moment. Marcus sat at the soundboard as Adonte looked over him, restless.

"Man, calm down. I'm not going to mess anything up. I got this. I'm like a technical genius, geez." Marcus assured cockily as he motioned his hand downward at Adonte for him to calm himself.

Adonte side eyed him and shook his head. He looked up at the ceiling and blew raspberries as Marcus fumbled around with different tunes to put together. "Alright." Don replied in a mumble, about to step out the room but was stopped by Marcus.

"Wait." Adonte turned to him and raised an eyebrow. "Did you have sex with her at the party? Or after?"

Adonte thought about the bet and shook his head. "No, I haven't. We've only ..kissed." Marcus perked his lips to the side and nodded unconvinced.

"Yeah right."

"I'm starting to think that maybe this bet thing isn't a good idea. " Adonte leaned up against the doorpost as he scratched the back of his head. Marcus looked at him in disbelief as if what he was saying was pure stupidity.

"Nigga you're in the lead. You've came closer to fucking someone than any of us. You're telling me you're turning down $100 because you don't think it's right? What, you scared she's going to find out and hate you?" Marcus chuckled, not realizing he had now put that thought into Adonte's head that really had him doubting these decisions.

Before he could respond but after he swallowed, Adonte heard the doorbell ring throughout the house and he knew it was Isla. He pointed to Marcus as Marcus raised his hands in defence. "Don't mess this up Mar, please."