FOUR

I leaned my back against the wall and crossed my arms, watching as the ROTC students got together in groups. I stared at Justin the whole time, watching as he stood at the center of the line that his group had formed.

I crossed my arms and raised a brow in interest. A girl walked towards Justin and whispered to him as he nervously stepped out of his spot and stood in front of the line as everyone faced him with closed fists and kept a straight face.
"LEFT FACE!" Justin shouted and watched as the line turned left within a flash, "Present arms!" he ordered nervously as I got up from the bench and caught his attention "you're doing good" I mouthed and he bit his lower lip, resisting the urge to smile.

Justin turned around and saluted one of the inturucters, reporting in as I grabbed my phone. Playing record as he turned back around "ORDER ARMS!" he said confidently as the students standing put their arms back down,  I had made sure to record the whole thing because I wanted to show Justin later on that he was doing good and he didn't have anything to be afraid of. Just being a good friend.

--

"You did amazing at practice by the way" I told Justin as he blushed, "oh t-thank you" he said shyly and I smiled. "I recorded" I told him and handed him my phone as he watched the video in interest. "I-i need to be louder" he said with a sigh and handed me my phone back, "what's the big deal?"

"I'm going to be leading the drill team for drill down, lots of people will be there and I don't want to mess up! My instructor tells me I'm really good it's just that I need to raise my voice more" he said with a frown and I raised a brow as I watched the video again. "Seemed good to me" I said as he sighed, "you just need a bit more practice and you'll be--"

"Jason?" Kylie cut off as she walked towards me, "um hi?" I said in confusion as Kylie shot me a glare "you bailed on me! So last
minute too! You left me outside of a restaurant and I had to walk in by myself! Without a date!" "Why didn't you just call someone else?" I raised a brow. "I don't want anyone else! You haven't changed at all, you're such a dick!" "I'm a dick just because I didn't show up to a shitty restaurant? Nice" I rolled my eyes.

"I will get you back Jason" Kylie spat before leaving as I crossed my arms with a scoff, "that bitch ruined my mood" I said and the waitress put my plate down as my eyes brightened. Justin smiled as he stared at me in amusement, "what's up with her?" "she's mad because I dumped her" I said.

"Bitter ex girlfriend, typical" Justin chuckled cutely and I smiled at him, "we should go to my place after we finish eating" I said as he gave me a look. "Why?" "you're my friend, can't we hang out?" I asked with a sly smile as Justin stared at me suspiciously, "okay.. Let me just let my mom know" he grabbed his phone and I nodded.

Justin stood up and walked towards a corner to talk to his mom, Kylie watched him as she sat with her friends and one of her friends poured their water on the ground with a smirk, causing me to get up from my seat as Justin walked towards our table.

Justin gasped as he slipped and I caught him as he fell into my
arms, smiling. Smooth, McCann.

"T-thank you" Justin blushed furiously as I smiled, Kylie and her friend glared at Justin and I led him towards our table "les go" I said.

--

"Mom, this is my new friend Justin" I introduced as my mom smiled "hello" she greeted "hi" he said shyly. "We're going to be in my room" I told her and she nodded as I grabbed Justin's hand, running up the stairs as he followed me.

"This is my room!" I grinned and Justin's eyes widened at how much space there was. "Come sit!" I said and pushed him on my bed as he gasped, I sat next to him and he kicked his shoes off before crossing his legs. "Mind if I finish something real quick? It's for ROTC" Justin grabbed his backpack and opened a white folder, Justin began writing words down as I grabbed his folder.

Something had caught my attention Military Ball.

"What's this?" I asked as he turned his head to me, blushing. "Nothing" Justin reached for the paper and I pulled it away as he leaned against my chest, I looked down at him with a smirk and he blushed again before sitting up straight again. "It's a ball we do every year for ROTC, the girls wear gowns and the guys wear their uniforms.. Everyone needs a date or a group of friends, there's a king and queen and the seniors get to slow dance, there's a DJ and lots of people from the air forces come, it's classy" Justin explained. "Have you ever been?" I asked and Justin blushed as he shook his head, "nope" he said quietly as I raised a brow.

"Why not?" "n-nobody has asked me" he said, "well you are the one in the uniform.. You ask" I said as Justin gave me a small smile. "Plus it's senior year! You have to go" I said before laying down.

Justin crawled towards me, "why do you keep bugging me about it, eh?" he asked suspiciously as I just stared back at him innocently. "I just want you to make the most out of senior year" I said as Justin licked his lips "i'll think about it" he told me.

"Mom ordered Chinese food" my brother said as he opened the door and left as I grinned, "wanna come?" I asked and Justin nodded as he gave me a small smile.

➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖