The Copy-Copy Fruit

After much thought and many headaches later, Luffy decided that she'd eat the devil fruit even though she didn't know what it was yet. She picked up the silver fruit and decided to admire it before ingesting it. Taking a deep breath, she took a bite, only to wretch after doing so.

"Hey Luffy, what are you doing?" Ace asked as he barged in. It only took him a moment to notice the bite mark in the fruit. "Are you serious? What if it's some stupid power like rubber?" Ace blurted out, not even stopping to think about what he was saying. Luffy looked at the fruit again before she felt her chest sink. She didn't want a stupid power, but then again, it could be something awesome.

The ringing of a transponder snail interrupted the silence and Luffy decided to pick it up. "Hey sweetie. We got a conformation on the fruit you found. It's called the Copy-Copy fruit and it allows the user to copy the abilities of the last devil fruit user they touched. That's all the information on the fruit I'm afraid. I guess you can do some experimenting." Dragon explained to an absently listening Luffy.

"So if I touch Uncle Whitebeard, then I'll get his quacky power?" Luffy asked after a moment.

"Yes." Her father confirmed and Luffy began to chuckle mischievously.

Dragon just sighed and Ace knew he should step in. "Don't worry, I'll watch her." Ace injected into the conversation between father and daughter.

"Oh is that you Ace? Good to hear from you, though I wish I could visit." Dragon replied, causing Ace to smile.

"Well I got to go now papa. Call you soon!" Luffy half sung, still pleased about her new power.

After hanging up, she turned to Ace and gave a cheeky smirk. "What are you thinking?" Ace inquired, suspicious. With out warning Luffy tackled Ace and with a thud, she was on top of him.

"Let's see how this works." She giggled. With a little bit of concentration, her body caught fire. She screamed, getting off her brother and racing out the door. "Help! I'm on fire!" She screeched.

Luffy didn't even notice Ace coming up behind her till he smacked her over the head. "If it's my power, then you should be fine." He growled, still a little peeved at her for jumping on him.

"Really?" She asked before noticing that she wasn't getting burnt. "You're right." She mused, now attempting to get the flames under control.

"What's with all the noise?" Izo asked as he came over. As he noticed the flames he turned to Ace with a scowl present on his face. "Mind telling me why our sister is on fire?" He asked.

"Cousin to you." Ace corrected, though Izo only increased the intensity of his stare.

"I ate the copy-copy fruit and I now have Ace's power." Luffy interrupted, cooling Izo's temper.

"So what are you going to do now?" Izo asked out of curiosity.

"I don't know. I guess I should find a strong devil fruit and copy it so that I can train with it." Luffy replied, thinking as she spoke.

"You mean the fruit only can only copy one power at a time?" Ace asked with doubt lacing his voice.

"Who knows?" His sister replied with her usual grin and giggle.