Chapter 1 ..

Chapter 1: First Day

--

Oliviana

"Mom, please

"Mom, please. That is enough pictures." I groaned.

Today was my first day as a senior and I was excited that this was my last year.

This year will be my most important since I know I finally can prove that all my hard work paid off to get a basketball scholarship.

With the help of my boyfriend, and my father, basketball was the only thing I was best at, besides getting good grades.

"I'm sorry baby, it's just you're growing up and this is your last year of high school. I'm not ready for you to go to college." She said wiping her eye before a tear could fall.

I smiled and pulled her into a hug. "Don't you start crying now mom. Remember the times you and dad would say you both couldn't wait for me to move out?" I joked.

She playfully rolled her eyes.

"You know I didn't- do you smell that?" She said cutting herself off and running into the kitchen.

I followed behind her and as soon as we reached the kitchen we were both hit with thick smoke and the alarm started going off.

My father appeared through the smoke.

"Are you serious, Othello!? You could've killed us! I told your black ass not to cook in my damn kitchen!" My mom yelled at my father.

"Calm down Jean! Damn. I was just trying to make breakfast for my family. You always yellin at a nigga." He snapped back.

They bickered back and forth for a few more minutes.

I decided to open the windows and turn on the ceiling fan for the smoke could leave.

"What happened?" My little sister, Odai said running down the stairs.

I rolled my eyes.

Don't get me wrong, I love my little sister, but she was fast and grown as hell for her age.

She was only 15 years old and all she did was be on her phone taking provocative pictures and sneak out the house to be with boys and her grown ass friends.

I caught her three times with three different boys in her room.

I snatched her ass up each time, but she never listened and learned when I told her how easy it is to catch a std, HIV, and get pregnant by these nasty ass little boys.