Chapter 4

The next morning came around. My big sister is getting married today!

I was helping mom clean up the courtyard after last night. Sophie walked by and mom said hi and Sophie tried to escape but mom knew something was up. They were talking but couldn't quite hear what they were saying, then they hugged.
"Call off the wedding?" Sophie said louder so I could hear now.
"Isn't that what you want?" Mom replied.
"No, no. No that's what you want!" Sophie continued to be loud.
"No!" Mom replied.
"Yes! God!" Sophie said.
"Sophie!" Mom shouted over her.
"You have no idea, you never had a wedding! You didn't do the marriage and babies thing you just the babies thing, well good for you!" Sophie started to shout at mom.
"You know I don't know why you're going off on me now, I really don't!" Mom shouted moving away from her.
"Because, God I love Sky and I wanna be with him and I don't want my children growing up not knowing who their father is because it's just, it's crap!" Sophie shouted before running upstairs.
"Whoa, Sophie!" I shouted after her. I can't believe Sophie would say that to mom.
"I'll go talk to her" I said to mom.
"No, Lizzie don't bother!" Mom replied.
"You know she doesn't mean it, mom" I said. When she looked up at me I smiled and she smiled back.
"Will you clean the rest of this up, I've gotta go fix that crack in the courtyard?" Mom asked.
"Yeah of course" I smiled.

*
"I see you kept my bagpipes" Sam said as Donna walked out the door.
"They're supposed to ward off unwanted visitors" Donna replied.
"You don't need bagpipes to do that" He said to her.
"What are you doing here Sam?" Donna said getting down on the ground to fix the crack.
"This is our dream remember, villa on the island" Sam said looking around.
*

"Sophie" I knocked on her door before walking in.
"Lizzie if you're here to give me a lecture about mom, I don't wanna hear it okay!" She started before I got chance to say anything.
"I was just gonna say, I think you should tell Sky..." I said calmly.
"Yeah, okay" She interupted before waking past me.
"Sophie!" I said loudly, basically shouting. She turned to me. I thought for a second about shouting at her but it wouldn't make anything better.
"Breath, everything will be okay!" I sighed. She cracked a small smile. I walked the few steps and hugged her.

"Lizzie!" I heard Brooks' voice. I was helping set up the tables.
"Oh hey" I turned to him.
"How's Sophie?" He asked.
"Yeah she's fine, a little stressed I think" I smiled.
"You doing okay?" He asked concerned.
"Yeah, just trying to help mom take care of everything" I smiled.
"Do you want some help?" He asked.
"Please, I've gotta get ready soon" I exhaled.

I did as much as I could before I had to get ready. Mom was helping Sophie get ready and I figured I would leave them together. I put my bridesmaid dress on and did my makeup. I also curled my hair, mom was going to finish it with an actual hairstyle. When I was done I knocked on mom's door.
"It's Lizzie" I said before opening the door. I gasped.
"Sophie you look so beautiful!" I smiled getting teary eyed.
"So do you!" She smiled.
"Do you want me to do your hair?" Sophie smiled.
"Yeah" I smiled.
"It's a good job I've still got a few more years to be able to do your hair!" Mom smiled at us while Sophie started to pin parts of my hair up.
"Yeah you do" I smiled at mom.