Chapter 9

The Next Day

I woke up at 9am. I jumped into the shower. I then brushed my teeth and plaited my hair to get it out the way. I put on a bikini and a white dress with shorts underneath (pictured above) and white sandles. I then removed the plaits from my hair and blow dried it a little.

I headed downstairs to the kitchen.
Mom and dad were already up and being all lovey in the kitchen.
"Hey. Look who's up" mom smiled.
"Do you want breakfast?" Dad asked.
"I'll just have some toast" I said.
"You look beautiful" mom smiled.
"Thanks" I replied.
"Can you and Brooks help us clean up the Island once you've had your date" mom smiled.
"Yeah sure" I replied.

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

*knocks on door*

"Oh he's here. Have great time sweetie!" Mom said with so much excitement.
I opened the door.
"Hey. You ready to go?" Brooks said, holding a picnic basket. 
"Yeah" I stepped outside and closed the door.
"You look beautiful" Brooks smiled.
"Thank you" I chuckled pushing the hair behind my ears. We started walking. 
"Do you wanna go see Get Smart tonight. They have a showing at 7:30" Brooks said.
"Oh yeah. That looks really funny" I smiled. Brooks grabbed my hand and entwined our fingers. I smiled to myself.
"My mom asked if we would help clean up later. There's quite a lot of mess after last night" I laughed.
"But we can still go see the movie, but we should still help out for a bit" I said."
"Oh yeah of course" Brooks smiled.
We chatted until we got to the beach.

Brooks set a blanket down and we sat down and he opened the basket.
"Aw. You brought chocolate covered strawberries" I was very excited.
"I did!" He said.
"Hey, before we eat. I have to tell you something" Brooks looked at me.
"Ok" I smiled at him.
"My dad got offered a job in New York" He said.
"Does that mean you're leaving?" I looked down and sighed.
"Not if you don't want me to. I don't want to go. I want to stay here, with you" He smiled.
"I want you to stay" I said lowly.
"Yeah?" He asked.
"Yeah" I smiled.
"I'll turn 18 a few days before they go. They said I can stay but I have to promise that I'll get a proper job and that we'll go visit" He smiled.
"I'd love to see New York" I said.
"Yeah. I was thinking we could go for your birthday. It'll give them time to settle and it'll be a fun thing to do together" Brooks smiled. 
"I'd love that" I smiled.
"Me too" Brooks leaned in to kiss me.

We ate our food and shared the chocolate covered strawberries. Then took a dip in the ocean before heading back to the hotel to help clean up after the wedding.
Later in the evening we headed over to the mainland to watch the movie.

The last boat to the island was at 10pm. We were the only people on it. Brooks was holding me close. It felt to right. He'd been my best friend for years but I've always loved him.
"Lizzie" Brooks got my attention. I looked into his eyes.
"Lizzie. I love you" He said.
"I love you too Brooks" I smiled and he kissed me.

***

Hey guys.

So Mamma Mia 2 is only a couple of months away. Yayyyy!
I'm thinking of continuing this book on into the 10 years later.
Hope you guys like that idea. Let me know?!

Hope you like this chapter also. Sorry it took me so long!

El x