Family Meetings

Sorry for the not updating Ill try harder, I'm also thinking of taking it slower. I don't want my book to run out so quickly. is that okay?

Layla's POV:

We laid in bed the rest of the day, half talking and half sleeping. I was curled up in his chest and he was holding me protectively all night. I was busy sleeping when the door flew open revealing unwanted light. Reth growls a deep growl as if thinking the same thing I was.

"Sir, your uncle has requested your mate." a man that looks younger than me states.

"Uncle?" I ask sitting up for only a few seconds before I'm pulled back into his chest, him snuggling into my neck.

"He's the alpha." He mumbles like it was nothing.

"Alpha?" I ask as blush creeps on my cheeks.

"He's like the dad of the pack." he sighs pulling away.

"Come, you should meet him." He grabs my had pulling me out.

I follow behind him through all the twist and turns making me more nervous. Until we stop at a huge brown wooded doors. I suck in breath as Reth pushes the door open and just strides in. I scramble after him careful not to trip over myself. I sit next to Reth and across from us sits who I guess is Reths uncle. I never felt so uncomfortable in my life, he had grayish black hair that was short and slick. His eyes are a dull black color that look as cold as stone he was dressed formally wearing a dark suit.

"You have not claimed her?"

It took all I had not to flinch at his harsh tone, "not without her consent uncle."

I was shocked at how flat Reths voice was, I never knew he could be so serious.

"You can not become alpha unless you do." he said bitterly.

"I do not wish to become alpha, I will spend my time with my mate. Give the position to whom ever you like."

He slams his fist on the desk, "You will not deny the alpha title, it's in your blood!" he boomed.

Reths eyes were obsidian black, "I've made my decision." Reth suddenly stands up causing his chair to fall over before pulling me out with him.

"Where are we going?" I ask as he walks me outside.

"To run." Is all he replies before shifting into his huge black wolf.