Memories

Reths POV:

We where nearing in, my top fighters where surrounding the place, we were ready. But I wasn't, Layla had been in there for a week and a half! I didn't want to think she was dead, saying the words left a bitter taste in my mouth. I needed to know she was safe. I motioned for my men to close in. Us being in wolf form meant we all had to attack at once before he saw us.

We found her scent yesterday and took nearly hours to just find the trail to follow, but I needed a plan. Damien wasn't an idiot, I knew what he was doing. I know my brother. But I couldn't call him that, not even if I try. My brother died that day, the day I was given his alpha title. I still remember that look on his face.

"Sit down." The elders voice was rougher than usual and I knew something was up.

Damien smiled, as if he knew that this was the talk, the decision. Who gets the alpha title, even though I told the elders I did not seek that power. I had a gut feeling this would blow up in my face.

"Damien, you are the first born. A smart, well behaved, caring, strong willed child. You have the quality that an alpha should have!"

Damien's ego couldn't get any bigger, but you can't blame him, it's not every day your complimented by the elder.

"But in this case I have to consider your brother as well." my brothers smile fell as he processed those words.

I got down right angry,"I don't want it though! Give the title to someone who rightfully deserves it."

I was tired of being the one to take Damien's hard earned things away. I loved my brother, hell I even looked up to him.

"I'm sorry, but a wolf as rare as you has advantages we could use against hunters and other wolf packs."

The look that crossed my brothers face would haunt me my entire life.

It was pure hate