The Shooting Part 2

Josh was a wreck, Riley was rocking back and forth. Farkle stormed off to god knows where. Zay was being held back by lucas because he wanted to strangle the medic that declared her dead. Lucas didn't know what to do with himself.

Cory didn't know what to do. Cry, help console everyone, call Topanga, call Shawn. He still hadn't processed everything.

Josh was practically beating himself up.

'It's all your fault. You weren't quick enough. She could've still been alive if you didn't take so long. She was your world and now she's dead. She's dead.'

Josh choked out more tears at the dark thoughts that clouded his brain.

'She was your fucking world. You won't be able to see her breathtaking blue eyes anymore. You won't be able to hear her giggle that made you want to kiss her all over. You won't be able to see her smile. God her smile was your favorite thing in the world to see. You'll never be able to feel her touch again. See the hope in her eyes whenever she looked at you. See her blush whenever you flirted. You'll never get those late night texts she'd send you whenever she had a nightmare. You'll never get to have one of your long conversations when you talked about everything and nothing. You'll never get her.'

Josh cried. All he wanted was her. He wanted to hold her and tell her he was in it for the long game. He wanted her to be his.

He grew angry with himself, he stood up and shoved his hands into his coat pocket. His eyes practically bulged out of his head when his hand hit the box in his pocket.

The necklace.

His slowly took the box out of his pocket, his hands were shaking. He faintly smiled at the sight of it. He planned the whole scenario in his head.

The girls were suppose to come home from school today and Josh was going to be standing in the middle of the room a smile on his face. He would witness Mayas eyes light up when she saw him. And her smile grow ten times wider. He would look at her and say 'hey there ferret' and she would smile and run over to hug him. He was suppose to pull away from the hug and turn her around. Tell her to close her eyes. And when she finally agreed after her being stubborn for a couple minutes, he would pull out the box and take out the necklace and put it around her neck. She would gasp and look down to see the heart shaped necklace with the letters 'JM' meaning Josh Matthews or Josh and Maya. She would spin around and hug him. Then, he would've pulled away and kissed her. On her lips. Their first real kiss. He would pull away and tell her that their someday was so closer than she expected.

Today was suppose to be his big day. Today he was going to finally ask her out. Today was suppose to be magical.

Josh opened the box to look at the necklace.

"She would've loved it Josh" Riley told her uncle.

"I didn't even get to say goodbye," Josh choked out.

"Neither did I,"

Josh pulled his niece into a hug as they both cried at the loss of someone they loved.

"Why is everyone crying?" A voice rang out.

Joshs head snapped up.

He turned around and there and stood. Alive as ever.

"You're alive" Josh breathed

Josh smiled for the first time in hours. He ran up to her and pulled her into a hug spinning her around.

"You're alive!" He cheered.

He set her down and Riley ran over and hugged Maya like her life depended on it.

"Zay! Lucas! We have to find Farkle!" Riley called out smiling.

Cory backed away letting Josh have his moment with Maya.

"Wait, why wouldn't I be alive?" Maya giggles.

Josh smiles at the beautiful sound.

"We thought that person over there was you. We couldn't see well. All we saw was the blonde hair and the medic that took you away." Josh explains wrapping his arms around her waist.

She wraps her arms around his neck and smiles at him.

"Josh you look like a complete wreck" Maya tells him

"Really?" Josh says sarcastically "I thought you did Maya. I was ready to punch the first person that would tell me everything would be okay. Because honestly Maya in those minutes I thought you were dead, I realized how much you meant to me. You are my world and I never want to let you go. I want you to be mine. And me to be yours. Maya I love you. I love you so fucking much that the thought of you being gone scared the shit out of me."

Mayas eyes well up in tears.

"Josh it's okay. I'm okay. The just removed the bullet and stitched it up. I have to walk on crutches for a couple weeks but it's okay. Everything is okay." Maya reassures him pulling him into a hug.

He buries his head in her shoulder letting out a few more tears. He then remembers the box.

"Turn around," he instructs.

Maya looks at him funny before listening.

Josh lets out a breath. It's now or never.

Josh takes out the necklace and wraps it around Mayas neck. She instantly gasps as the cold metal hits her neck. She looks down and sees a heart shaped chain with the letters 'JM' engraved into them.

"Josh Matthews" she smiles up at him.

"Yeah, or Josh and Maya. Which ever you prefer" Josh tells her.

"I love it Josh and I love you."

Josh couldn't keep himself together any longer. He grabbed her face and attached his lips to hers, she instantly kisses him back. Wrapping her arms around his neck. Smiling into the kiss. Josh pulls away and sends her a boyish grin.

"Maya Hart?"

"Hmm?"

"Will you do me the honors and let our someday be today and be my girlfriend?"

Mayas jaw drops. She quickly nods her head yes.

Josh smiles and pulls her in for another kiss.

'We got our someday'