jealousy

Jealousy

Maya sat in a booth with Lucas across from her as they talked. They talked about everything and anything. Maya liked this relationship they had. The strong friendship they have built. She knew that if Lucas chose her all those years ago, they wouldn't have this relationship.

Mayas phone buzzed and she looked down.

Babe: where r u? I miss you come to my dorm I wanna cuddle :(

Maya smiled at the text.

"Oooo is that Josh?" Lucas smirked

"Shut up huckleberry"

Princess: hey babe, I'm out with Lucas getting lunch. I miss you too I'll be over later.

She turned off her phone but it went off again. By now Lucas was on the phone with Riley about plans.

Babe: you're with Lucas? Is Riley there?

Princess: no...just me and him

Babe: come home now I want to cuddle

Princess: I can't just leave Josh it's rude

Babe: yeah you can if you're ditching some other guy for your boyfriend aka me

Princess: he's not some other guy he's Lucas

Read: 12:03

Maya grew confused. Josh never left her on read like that. He would always say goodbye, she tried to ignore the thought but all throughout lunch it was sitting in the back of her mind.

When Maya went back to Joshs dorm she was texting Riley who was telling her to come over tonight for movies with everyone. Maya happily agreed knowing Josh would love to watch movies and cuddle.

She walked into the dorm, and quietly shut the door. She was surprised when she saw Josh sitting on the couch watching tv, usually he was in bed until 3.

"Hey babe," Maya smiled leaning down to kiss his lips but he turned his head to the side.

Maya frowned. What happened to wanting to cuddle all day to turning away from a kiss?

"What's wrong"

Josh shrugged in response

"Oh so your ignoring me?"

Josh stared blankly at the screen

"Well Riley invited us all over for movies tonight, and we're going" Maya told him before walking to his bed and laying down.

She expected him to give in and come lay down with her and cuddle. But nothing. Seconds, minutes, hours went by and Josh still sat at the couch.

When he finally got up Mayas heart leaped but only to be crushed when she realized he was just going to get ready for tonight.

Maya got up and fixed her hair and makeup before grabbing her phone and walking down to the car.

Josh was surprised when he came out of the bathroom and Maya was gone. He knew he upset her, but he was upset himself! Maya was out with Lucas alone! They both use to have feelings for each other and he was just afraid she would want him back over Josh.

Josh made his way to the car and saw Maya in the passenger window. She was looking ahead blankly.

When the pair arrived at Rileys Josh knocked on the door. They were greeted seconds later with a smiley Riley.

"Peaches! Uncle Josh!"

"Hi riles" Maya sent a smile before hugging her and walking inside.

"Hey Maya" Farkle said

"Hey Farkle, Smackle, Lucas" Maya smiled

They all responded with "heys"

Everyone got settled and they popped in Fast and Furious 7 much to Rileys dismay, she wanted romance while everyone else was up for a little adventure.

Maya was sat next to Josh, his arm was around her casually so no one suspected anything. On the other side of Maya was Lucas then Riley and Smackle and Farkle were on the love seat.

"Babe can you pass me the popcorn?" Maya asked Josh but he acted as if he didn't hear her. Maya grew frustrated at him. What did she do wrong??

"Lucas could you please pass me the popcorn?" Maya asked Lucas and he nodded his head grabbing the popcorn and giving it to Maya.

Maya smiled and hugged him resting her head on his shoulder. No one else was bothered by this because everyone knew they were like brother and sister. Josh however was still paranoid.

Josh quickly pulled Maya away and say her on his lap. Maya smiled at him.

"Are you still mad at me or are you going to kiss me" Maya smiles at him.

Josh once again ignores her and watches the movie.

"Then let me go" Maya said as she was pushed over the edge by this. She shoved Joshs arms off her and got off his lap leaving the apartment.

"Maya," Josh went after her. "Maya!"

Maya whipped around tears brimming her eyes.

"So now you want to talk to me?" Maya laughs

"Babe come back inside you're going to get sick" Josh avoided the topic.

"No you obviously don't want me here so I'm just gonna go" Maya shrugged turning back around stalking away. Josh chased after her and spun her around.

"I always want you around Maya, you're my light in this world"

"Then why are you ignoring me?!" She yelled

"Because I'm scared!"

"Scared? Of what?"

"Lucas! God Maya how could you not tell that the second you mentioned Lucas over text today my mood changed. I get scared when you're alone with him"

Mayas eyes softened and she wrapped her arms around his neck.

"Why?"

"Because I'm scared you'll leave me for him. You guys have liked each other before I just don't want to lose you Maya. Fuck the thought of it is like a stab in the heart. I love you so much"

Maya gave him a smile realizing that Josh was just insecure and didn't want to lose her.

"Josh you'll never lose me to anyone in this world. It's you that I want to be with, no one else. I love you Josh"

"I love you too Maya," he smiles "now about that kiss?"

Maya giggles and crashes her lips to his. Running her hands through his hair.

"Can we go back and watch the movie now?" Maya asks when they pull away

"Anything for my princess" Josh says kissing her forehead before they walked in together.