Roman Holiday

I sped off in Ryan's truck, my hands were shaking around the wheel and my breathing was heavy. I'd acted on pure impulse and now what was I to do? I had no where to go and no one to go with. My eyes began to burn as I held back the tears that were begging to fall down my cheek. No, I couldn't cry again, I was sick of people making me cry.

I realised the only way to move on was to turn my current emotions into anger. How dare Ryan send me into that house like a lamb to the slaughter. How dare Carol talk to me like trailer trash scum. I mean I am, but that's not the point, she found me when I was a child, in what most people would describe as a crack house. I guess right now I'm following in my parents footsteps, being a fuck up.

Stepping out of my constant state of self pity and wallowing I realised I needed a plan, it wouldn't be too long before they began to follow me. I knew Brendon's loyalty would ultimately lie with Ryan, especially after the way I left him. I had one choice and we both know who that is. Picking up my phone I dialled an all too familiar man's number. Thank god he was intrusive enough to put his number in my phone.

"Ehm, ello Who is this?"

"Hey Matty, it's me- uh Bliss, I wanted to apologise for the way we left things"

"Oh, ello da'ling, don't be sorry I was being a proper twat-" Matty was cut off by a girls giggle and I heard him curse under his breath. He must have attempted to whisper but I blatantly heard him say "would you just fuck off."

"If you're busy, don't worry" My throat caught as I realised how alone I was going to be if Matty was occupied without me.

"Nonono, I know you probably don't wanna see me again so soon, but I'm getting withdrawals from your temper tantrums already" he laughed at his own sarcasm. This was a very Matty way of him telling me he missed me.

"I think I need a dose of a pretentious English asshole, you'll do I guess" I was playing it extremely cool considering I couldn't contain my excitement knowing that he wanted to see me. Matty was the kind of man who could get a girl in a heartbeat.

"I've told you, you're my medicine babe" pretentious as ever.

"Well I guess you can manage to pick your favourite pharmaceutical up from Fremont St then?" I trailed the last syllable of my sentence in a flirty way.

"Wait is that on the corner of 4th?"

"If you don't show, you'll never know, bye noodlehead" I heard him stammering to ask me another question, but I had to prove I was just as hard to get as he was if I wanted to keep him.

After checking my make up repeatedly in the mirror and pushing my boobs up just enough to make my normal clothes look inviting, I hopped out of Ryan truck. I reused an old envelope he has stashed in his glove box to put his keys in, I wrote his address on it and posted his keys back to him. Inside along with the key I wrote the cars location along with a note.

'Corner of 4th Fremont St.
I don't love him, I'm just passing the time.
You could love me if I knew how to lie.
But who could love me? I am out of my mind.

Bliss. X

P.s please don't forget about me'

I sat next to the post box on the street, I lay back on the edge of the street resting my weight on my hands behind me, crossing my legs over infront.

"Well well well, what have we here? I almost didn't recognise ya with actual clothes on babe"

"And I'll almost punch you in the face, if you don't keep quiet" I said sarcastically. I leant up to his window on my tip toes, kissing him hard. His hand nearest the window snakes into the back of my hair, holding me firmly. I pulled away first leaving him leaning out, licking my lips I looked him in the eyes, he looked asif he'd just seen ghost, in the best way.

"Get in this car before I do something that will get us both arrested for public indecency" he said whilst panting.