Chapter 10

Dedicated to 20samsam01 for helping me!! I literally wrote like most all of this today.

Shoutout to Smileybear444 and DiReCtIoNeR1MrsMalik and KiyahTheSky for a super sweet message  

~~~~~~~

“S-So this is what Louis and everyone has been trying to avoid telling me?”

It would make sense, after all. Who wants to tell someone they were kidnapped?

“Well…” she trailed off, suddenly finding a great interest in her jean’s pockets.

 What is with her.

“Don’t tell me there’s more,” I uttered, my face plummeting. If like faces could fall off, mine would have slid away from me…wow, that is such a creepy comparision, forget I even said that.

Back to reality, Ali.

“No, no, no, really? That’s not it? There’s more??” I exasperatedly replied.

“Honey, we’re just getting started.”

 ~~

 I don’t know what I should be feeling right now. 

Confusion?

Disgust?

More confusion? 

Really, though, she can’t be that serious. Matt isn’t a terrible man, sure he makes mistakes and almost hurt us that one night we ran away, but that doesn’t mean he is evil and whatnot.

“How much more.” I asked quietly, not really sure if I wanted to know.

How much worse can it get?

 Jamie bit her lip, her eyes darting from me to the door, and then back to me.

 “It’s a long story-“

“How long-“

 “I—I can’t really just tell you, it’s all complicated and stuff.”

 “But do I want to know more?”

 I watched her contemplate my question. She scrunched up her face in concentration, probably figuring out if telling me was going to backfire or….goodfire? What’s the opposite of backfire here?

 “Maybe not…now. Later?”

 “When would be later? And what if you don’t come back?”

 “I come over like every day, my parents are best friends with Niall and Liam.”

“But like what if like I am gone when you come over-“

 “Do you want me to just tell you?” she obviously was getting a little peeved at my undecidedness.

 “Fine.”

 “Um, well, Harry’s your father.”

“I know that.”

“But like—yeah. Um. He kind of hasn’t been the same since you two were taken. He was put in a psychiatric place for a year or two. He’s been in and out ever since. It’s quiet sad, actually. I’m not really sure what made him crack, maybe it was all of the pressure and stuff…yeah.”

 “But is he ok now? Has he gotten better?”

“Well, I always assumed that the day you guys would come back he would be so excited and happy. But now he is acting even more depressed than ever-“

Oh no, we are making him feel worse about himself? Should we like leave or something because we are making him worse?

Jamie must have noticed my worried look because she quickly added: