Chapter 14

I didn't die or whatever people seem to think happened to me. I don't really have any good excuses. I give way too many excuses.

Sorry.

----

"Do I want to know?" I quietly asked Jamie. She would tell me if it was something I needed to hear, right?

She hesitated.

"Uh, no, it wasn't anything major."

So that means something did happen.

"Are they done shouting? Can we go into the tv room now? I'm super bored."

"Sure."

So, the two of us quickly ran into the room we were originally going to go into. I really didn't want to deal with anyone else at the moment so....yeah. Hasn't this day just been fun? Yeah, note the sarcasm.

____

Ali's POV:

There was only so much time before someone had to tell me what was going on. For some reason, everyone knew that, yet they felt like if they pushed off telling me the problem would somehow fix itself.

Newsflash: it won't go away.

Sure, I know how tempting it is to tell yourself, 'I'll just do it tomorrow,' but that stuff only applies to things like homework. Homework won't change your life....well, I guess it could but that must be some pretty intense homework - what am I even doing with myself.

Maybe instead of just talking to myself in my head I should, you know, actually speak out loud because what good is me just thinking things but not saying them?

I was just about to open my mouth to say something when Jamie started to talk.

Well, ok.

"Yeahhh, so I am not really sure what they are going to do, but just don't worry about it, ok? They didn't mention anything super important, so - you're fine." she hesitated a little at the part of, 'you're fine.'

I was simply going to ask if I could get out of this stuffy room, but hey. She voiced my thoughts for me, so I am totally fine with that.

Being the awkward person I am, I just nodded to her statement. What more is there for me to say about that subject?

"Can we like not watch any tv or movies anymore? Maybe we could get some food....?" I suggested after about a minute or two of silence.

She nodded to my statement. I guess we are girls of very few words, which is weird because I thought she is pretty loud and outgoing. Maybe she feels awkward about everything too?

See, this was probably the time it would have been good to eavesdrop seeing as we walked into another 'serious' meeting.

I mean, I had heard voices I didn't recognize, but I never expected to see three policemen standing around the couch-area, talking with Louis, or someone, I didn't realy pay any attention to them. Why were there policemen in the room....?

Of course, they all turned to face us the moment we stepped out of the room. Are we just not able to be quiet or do they have super-hearing or something. Eh. Doesn't matter now, I guess, seeing as though they were more than staring; they were giving me pity-stares.

You know, those looks that your parents give you when your goldfish died or something? Yeah. Since I don't have a goldfish, it kind of freaked me out.