Sidestory - A Mother's Delight

A/N: really surprised someone still reading this so since classes still a bit later, Im'ma publish a sidestory. Enjoy~

---------------------------------------------------------------------

My name is Celine Driam, my father, a merchant always took me in his travel ever since i was little. There was a time when we were travelling within the forest with my father and his subordinates, we were attacked by a pack of feral wolves. The hires mercenary wasn't able to put up with the numbers of the wolf and resulted to all of them running for their lives. Well they're mercenary and mercenaries  values their life more than their job.

The caravan kept on running however, as expected, a horse pulling a carriage can't compare to wolves without any burden. I thought i'm at the doorstep of my death, looking at father who was desperately clinging to life waving a torch with his back facing me. There lay the injured people of the caravan.

I'm sitting still inside the carriage without any power to even fight back.

It was that time that a wolf suddenly sprung up towards father intending to clobber him up fully, i closed my eyes afraid to see the gruesome death of my father. I felt my powerlessness and my vision was clouded in darkness. I felt a man grabbed me and run towards the other side of the cargo carriage, as i opened my eyes, i saw my uncle who decided to abandon everything and left with me. we kept running and running but of course we couldn't outrun them. A wolf similarly sprung up towards my uncle in the same manner. He waved his other arm to receive the wolf as he can't evade it. The wolf bit on uncle's arm and a groan came out of his mouth. The wolf was able to rip off his arm but uncle still continued running with a pale expression.

I gave up at that moment. I am simply a burden. Everybody died protecting me. Such thoughts of despair entered my mind.

Another wolf sprung up to take the final blow to my uncle, with his only hand holding me it was surely a blow to take his life however, the hand grasping my arm still didn't left me. Similarly i closed my eyes in despair. However, the expected pain didn't came, was it an instant death? With a question in my head, i opened my eyes seeing my uncle still standing without any hint of blood. I then turned my eyes below where a wolf is impaled by an arrow in the head. 

An arrow?

I'm quite confused as i know that there's no people in the caravan who possess skills in bow or at least that has the capability to shoot a moving target in the head.

As if answering the question in my head another arrow struck the wolf closest to my father. Then a man showed up holding a sword at each hand storming in the midst of the pack. He was like the tempest crumbling the line up of the wolves. Another man showed up with full set of armor with a big shield at his left hand and a spear at the other running over the wolves. A burning bright ball also smashed at the center of the pack putting a lot of them in fire. A beautiful onee-san[1] also appeared beside uncle pointing her staff towards him and muttering something, then a white light engulfed him, then as if returning back time, the ripped arm suddenly started to regrow. It was a really bizarre sight.

A party of adventurers, surely they are one. It was that time, when i met Vincent. The one i am to marry in the future.

They successfully exterminated the pack while some of them run away.

When we finally gathered together, i saw the figure of the man who plunged himself inside the pack. He was quite a dazzling figure at the time i saw him. My heart started beating faster without any reason. My face heating up but i didn't took off my sight on him. As if i want to imprint his figure in my mind without any intention to forget him.