Chapter 6 - Invitation and Mayonnaise

A/N: As some of you may know, it's previous title is "Reincarnated life in another world" but as the tag says, it was simply a tentative title as multiple storyline are formed in my mind and i have now decided on what path this novel should take, sorry for the indecisiveness.

For the past chapters, I've just kept on spoon-feeding you information and it must've felt like a library book. Starting from this chapter, I'll make the protagonist a bit more expressive in his monologues... Well I'll at least try to.

----------------------------------------------------

My daily life continued, with my parents teaching me various lessons, with my friends playing around with me, and with the townspeople making the community lively.

If there's one to point out, I guess it would be my opinion about magic. Even though the elementalist around me possess the affinity to aid life, I can't help but view magic as somewhat dangerous. The reason for my sudden change of opinion towards magic is because of the incident with shiina's rebound on her magic. Though, being at the receiver end of a magic being rebound isn't that really rare, I keep having this feeling of vigilance towards it as though me being near magic would be dangerous.

I'm a person who belong to a world without magic and suddenly seeing the real thing, even before I became aware that I don't possess any talents to become an elementalist, the excitement to be able to actually do magic myself would naturally overcome my cautiousness to any potential danger magic possess rather, the thought of magic harming anyone never entered my mind.

Even though Kane and I keep on sparring and seeing Kane using magic against me, I can't really feel any danger towards his usage of magic but now that I think about it, it's because Kane doesn't harbor any ill intentions and as kids, we're only playing around but now that I saw magic harming my friend, I can't help but wake up to the fact that magic can kill people.

Maybe because I easily gave up on my previous life, I hold my own life's value lightly but seeing someone other than me being put in harm's way, I can't help but remember Miu.

Anyway, since I can't  even invoke magic myself, I probably wouldn't be involved to it too much so I can simply leave it at that.

My sparring with Kane still continued but I kept my vigilance whenever we cross blows and made sure that nobody will be harmed.

–----------------------------------------------

For some reason, the fourth child of the domain Lord's birthday celebration seems to be really quite circulating much more than I expected. Even though she is a noble, it shouldn't have this too much of an impact.

"Oh right Celine, this coming weekend, Scott invited me to go help out in the order"

My father suddenly brought up such a topic in the midst of our supper.

"Why would he suddenly seek you out?"

"Well it seems that the 3rd prince will attend the domain Lord's daughter birthday celebration"

"So why would he need to have you attend to this celebration?"

"Well as the personal mentor of the 3rd prince, Melissa seems to be coming along"

"Oh, I see, so melli's visiting the town"

"Right, so you're naturally coming as well"

"Eh? Isn't that a nobles gathering, would it be fine for us to come also?"

"It's fine, no worries, the vice commander of supreme knights order who will be deployed to guard the party personally extended his invitation to us, and we're not really a guest of honor, we're just meeting old friends, we'll of course keep out of the nobles circle"