Chapter 7 - Birthday Party (part 1)

Takatak takatak takatak

The sounds of the horse's hooves resounding along the road with a calm beat and me looking by the window of the carriage we're currently riding on and appreciating how fascinating this greeneries are made me think, ah, this is really a good change of pace.

We're currently heading towards the domain lord's residence to attend this visount's daughter, Camille Matilda Abergavenny. But for real, this clothes are a bit stuffy aren't they? We're not even part of the noble's circle but we still have to wear this noble like clothes. fixing the collar of my doublet unbuttoning few of them to take a deep breath.

Mom taking notice reprimanded me

"Alex button your dress, you look so sloppy"

"Ehh~ i'll just button them back when we arrive there."

Taking a deep sigh, mom, just let me be.

"I wonder if we'll meet mellisa's children as well?"

"Now that you mention it, we haven't heard from them this past years. If i recall correctly,they told us that they have a twin just 7 years ago right?"

"Yeah, and additionally, they're both incredibly good at magic, guess they take after their mother huh~"

"That Alfred probably quite upset to have no one to inherit is bow. Well i heard from Melli's complains about Alfred being annoying wanting another child in their last letter"

"Well look who's talking"

"I-I'm not that annoying"

Sigh~

Mom took another sigh but she's quietly chuckling after they end the conversation.

And with a perfect timing, the coachmen then told us, "We're here sir, madam"

"Let's go then"

----------------------------------------------------------------

"Uwahh~ This is quite the spectacle isn't it"

For a viscount's hall to be this grand, they should be only a viscount but somehow, just from this room emanates an aura of a more higher rank in nobility.

There are a total of 3 sections in the hall divided by an open arched door, and a courtyard just outside. The main hall is reserved for the main guest including the prince and other higher rank in nobility. For a viscount's party to have the attendance of the prince, they're probably pouring most of their effort to make this party grand. After all, not just the prince is attending but there's also several Marquess' and the Earl's sons who serves as their house' representative. Well having the prince attend must have lured in several nobles trying to curry favor.

Well for us we're not going to stay at the main hall but only around the 3rd section of the multi-purpose hall. . But even here, there are also several figures i can see in the ranks of barons' childrens. Why are there a bunch of children? I know the birthday celebrant is a kid but for it to be attended by a bunch of kid, this is definitely a childrens' party right?

Well most people would gather up later at the main hall once the celebrant makes her appearance so let's take this chance to relax a bit around this part.

"Ah there you are, Vincent, come here come here, Oh Celine, long time no see, and i see you brought your kid here too, long time no see alex~"

"Ah Scott, long time no see"

"Oh Uncle scott!"

"Scott, who's this?"

Dad, taking a glance at the side of uncle scott, there stood a young girl on a vivid green dress hiding behind uncle scott's burly body. She's like the kind of girl you'd see in a library, yep, librarian girl just that glasses is missing. Sneaking a few peaks at us while clinging to uncle scott, ahh~ how cute.