Prologue

"Oi you Shitty four-eye..."

Walking through the pathway towards the school building with a book in my hand, I've heard a voice which is likely directed at me since that 'shitty four-eye' is what others call me and which I got used to. Ignoring this call would only make me meet my usual ends which is beating and i'm not really much of a masochist which led me to answer the call.

"Ehh..."

"Don't ehh~ me and don't make me repeat myself"

Leeching off to me for today, sigh, the cycle never ends does it? The strong feeds on the weak and never the opposite.

I've been acquainted with this guys ever since middle school, they're famous for being notorious, not that no one knows of it since his popular for his fame. He even got a nickname, what was it again, something like 'Fang Wolf' which sounds very lame to me but then again, they're someone i want to avoid.

"So what is it?"

"I'm hungry, give me food..."

"I-I just finished it a while ago" i said it with a crooked smile.

"Don't care, just give me food or do you wanna get it?"

Shit, i knew it would turn out like this...

"Shou-chi, let's just get this over with, Oi four-eye, if you ain't giv'in food, give us money"

Giving selfish demand as usual, he now demands money. Well this is how it usually ends up, if i have no food they turns to money, the result is still the same if i gave them food, after finishing it up, they say, 'It's not enough, buy me some more', true leechers.

"I'm really broke right now and i only got a thousand yen on me right now"

"Huh~ Dont' fuck with me, what can you do with a thousand? Give me ten"

"I-I really don't have anything with me—"

I was then interrupted with a sudden grasp on my collar.

"Then I guess you know what happens then?"

After those words, i was struck with a violent fist in my stomach then I receive a kick in my sides where my glasses fell off and which threw my balance and fell in my other side. Kicking me for a number of times, I just took their beatings silently waiting for them to stop and as following the usual pattern, they finally grew tired and ending it while stomping on my head to the ground.

"Since, we're pretty generous, we'll take up on your offer"

Searching through my jacket, and when they finally located my wallet, they took it out, grabbed the money and threw the wallet, emptied, to my slumped body laying on the ground.

"Tch, good for you, you got by a thousand"

"Don't look so mad Shou-chi, we still got some, we'll look for others too, later then four-eye"

Leaving me with those words, they look for another victim. Well anyway, that's how it goes for my everyday life. Getting bullied is one thing which isn't forgotten and always taken up everyday especially for the likes of me.

Book is my only salvation, my only friend who doesn't leave me. Whenever i open a book, a new world is waiting for me and after finishing it, just start looking for another and you get to experience another world.

Book is the only thing which spices up my life. I live the life of a loner. I already secluded myself on my own world until I met the 2nd greatest misfortune or fortune of my life.