Chapter 5 - Discovering Magic

3 years have already passed since I met uncle Scott and to my surprise, he was actually the very vice commander of the Supreme knight order, land infantry division.

Supreme knight order is one of the formal division in military order of the kingdom Trebinnia, the kingdom I live in.

There are total of 3 division in military order. First is the Supreme knight order, where people specializes in swordskills. The second is Wizard Warfare order, where all people have their specialties in their respective magic skills. Blessed heavenly order, they consists of paladins and priests, an order which the church governs.

As someone who had been a comrade of my father to become a vice commander, doesn't that put my father onto the same level as uncle Scott?

But then again father is an idiot who follows everything through instinct, he may have been on equal terms with uncle Scott when it comes to sword skill but commanding a squadron or a battalion is on a different level.

Well uncle Scott being a vice commander and my father working as a mercenary are both completely different.

This kind of order is implemented almost through out all kingdoms. One for example is our Trebinnia kingdom. Our kingdom is located southernmost of the human continent meaning, we're the border and in front line of defense.

Well, the continent south of the human continent is the fairie continent in which is rather a good thing. Being able to monopolize the trades and industry between two races is a really great thing. 

There are total of 7 kingdoms in the human continent. The most flourishing kingdom is the central kingdom where all business are brought to and where all best skills are grouped into.

There's also the greatest academy, Forlorn magical academia, where all geniuses and aristocrats send their children to study.

Well it's impractical for me to be able to study there. I mean i don't have any magical capabilities as Forlorn academia greatly respect the talented and discriminate the weak.

There's also the military school, the Briskan military school, where it accepts any people of any state, be it a commoner or a noble, as long as you have the skills, you will find your place here.

If presented with a chance, I would like to try taking the exam.

It's a shame that I got reincarnated and all but I didn't got any cheat like abilities like in the novels I read from the past. But still having my memories from my past life is already a big advantage to establish myself in this world.

Academies in this world don't have a fixed curriculum. They accept students strictly only 10 years old and above, common sense are poured into the child by their parents for the past 10 years.

Though, I say school, what my mother teaches me are already what the elementary students are about to learn so if permitted, I would like to skip learning another set of boring
lessons.

Well my parents plan to enroll me to a local school when I reach 10, the same as Shiina and Kane. Trebinnia has several schools too, there's a total of 4 schools in Trebinnia. 1 magic school, 2 military school and 1 general education school.

As for why there are military school, it's because thee are 2 types of infantry, one is land unit and the other other is aerial unit. Land unit obviously profess on fighting on ground while aerial profess on fighting up above the sky, riding wyverns and some blimps used for bombing. Bombs in this world is also made by magic, by compressing high intensity of fire element. This just proves science is really neglected in this world. The most scientifically advance thing in this world is alchemy, concocting potions and medicine.