I

Everything was going perfect.

She had the advantage, she had the high ground, she had the perfect hiding spot.

They wouldn't even know what hit them.

Bony fingers were light on the trigger, and eye sockets finding their target through the scope.

As one of the best damn snipers in the industry, she knew that this would be a piece of cake.

Her mother entrusted her with this, so she had to make the shot. 

Asgore was just out in the open, did he have no fear? Was he really that cocky? Did he think he was that powerful after stealing from Astrid?

The thought made the girls soul boil. How dare he be that way, how dare he believe he's in a perfect world. How dare he not know the consequences.

She took a breath, she needed to calm down.

Looking through the scope again, she found something that surprised her. 

It was a skeleton.

A male one at that. He was short and pudgy. How could a skeleton be pudgy? What surprised wasn't his weight though. It was the fact that she herself had never seen a skeleton.

Considering she was one herself.

She was a lucky one. Living with Astrid gave her immunity to the segregation laws between Monsters and Humans. So she knew nothing about Monsters, about her kind,

Except that she was different than them, that she was a diamond in the rough.

It's what her mother told her anyways.

She took a deep breath, eye sockets focusing on the target. She got the crosshairs right on his head. Took a breath, then pulled the trigger.

It was like a flash. She looked up to see her damage, only to find an angry, pudgy skeleton staring right at her. She felt her soul drop and ran out, hearing the skeleton order for her to be found. 

She heard two dogs barking, and she looked behind her, seeing two monster dogs. She yelped and ran faster. Seeing the barrier between Monsters and Humans she grinned. The dogs began to slow down. She pulled out her pass and went right through, disappearing to the other side.

Well wasn't this a turn of events.