My first Date was ruined by my Mother

I sat down with Sans in the park, laughing as Frisk played with Monster Kid.  It was a quiet day, no mobs running around, no gunfire, no hysterical screams. Perfect.

         It was peaceful.

        Too peaceful.

         But me and Sans payed no mind to it. We were happy. Walking around the town with him, hand in hand, it was a fairytale. Something I thought could never happen to me because of the (M/n), because of...mom.

           Mom.

            I haven't thought of her really until now. She was kind, took care of me...but she was missing something. There was a difference between her and Toriel. I didn't really know what it was. Both are great cooks, both are kind, both lo-....

           Mom was nice....but did she love me?

           I stopped walking at that point. Sans noticed and looked at me with confusion. I looked straight ahead, then I let my head hang. I felt my hand grip Sans's, and Sans started to get worried. I could tell cause of the way he was reacting around me.

           "Mom..."

           I felt Sans come to a stop.

            "Mom...Astrid....she didn't love me...did she?" I finished, as I choked on a sob.

           He didn't answer.

            He was silent, and I felt his hand go limp in mine. I looked up, only to see him look down, the light gone in his eyes. At that moment every memory of mine rushed through my head, from beginning to end. My life, a complete lie? A mother who wasn't a mom? Was that my case? What was she interested in then? Me? Something else entirely? 

            I felt a thumb run across my cheek, running over the crack. I was so lost in thought, I didn't see Sans come up to me. I didn't know that I started crying. I looked at him, the light back in his eyes. I thought his smile grew a tiny bit wider.

            Both on his hands were on my cheek, " Hey, kiddo, stop crying. It doesn't look good on ya. Where's the girl that defied me by saying that I had to make her shut up? Cause she yelled at my bro pretty good. I think she needs to come back."

            "But-"

           He placed both thumbs on my mouth, shutting me up, "No, i'm not done. So...yeah, maybe your mom wasn't the greatest. Considering her past I'm surprised she took ya in."

            Her...past?

          "But, she had to feel something, otherwise she would of just left you there, alone..." he got this distanced look in his eye, like he was talking to a memory, "but even if she didn't, love you....I do."

            He looked at me, giving me a closed eye grin. He looked so happy. He placed his mouth against mine, (a skeleton way of mouth kissing btw) and I pressed my mouth against his. It would look awkward to anyone who had lips, but to us, it was magical.

             Seriously. I felt my magic turn on. I didn't know if his was on, I closed my eyes. When we broke away, Sans got a glimpse of my magic before smiling (Even bigger, if that was possible), and lead us home.

                She went to bed as Sans went to his. Seeing that Papyrus was out, he had the bedroom to himself.

                 He sobbed.

                 Dangit...why did I have to think about her? She's moved on, she's back with him.

                Sans slide down on the door, covering his mouth with his hand.

                 Why did I say ' I love you' to (y/n) while I was thinking of Toriel? And why did (Y/n)'s soul try to fuse with mine?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Word Count: 601

 Yeah, it's short, but OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH SANS. WHAT. ooooooo plot. Leave comments!