Chapter 4. Memory Lane

Bucky~

We were all in shock. "What do you mean her?" Natasha asked. She chuckled, "I made it pretty clear, honey. No need for a repeat." Nat started after her before Clint could grab her arm.

"It's not worth it, Nat." he told her. All of sudden, a shriek came from her mouth. "Don't let go of her." Tony said to Steve and Thor, "It's probably a joke." She continued to cry, I could see her face changing from Meredith's real face, to her evil one.

"MAKE IT STOP!" I could hear Meredith cry out. "NO!" the demon voice snapped back. In an instant I was worried. "Meredith?!" I yelled, "Can you hear me?!" her chest was heaving up and down. "Bucky?!" she wimpered, "Is that you?!" I walked up to her.

"Yeah Mer, it's me." she tried to look at me, but her eyes continued to flash green. "Where are you?!" she asked. "I'm right in front of you." I told her. "Where?!" she cried, "Please help me!" I choked, I couldn't take it anymore.

I had to walk away. I sat on a rock, and shoved my hands into my face.

"Sergeant Barnes?"

I shook my head, trying to escape from the thoughts.

"You will be the new face, of Hydra."

"Bucky?"

"Buck?!" A hand said shaking my shoulder.

I opened my eyes, and looked up to see Wanda. She crouched down in front of me. She cupped my face into her hands. "You're very stressed. And I understand what you're going through." I gazed into her eyes, "All you can do is hope for something good to come out of this. You're so strong, so willing to do anything for her."

I began to tear up again. "That's my favorite thing about you." she said smiling. "But you gotta let her fight her own battle now." she took a hold of my hands. They glowed, a red color.

"What are you-" she cut me off, "Shh." I could feel the power flowing through my body. My thoughts, and stress were gone. "Thank you, Wanda." "You're welcome."

Audrey wasn't taking it well either. "You alright?" I asked, placing a hand on her back. She shook her head, "My sister has lost her mind, literally. I just wish there was something I could do."

"I have one last shot!" Bruce yelled, pulling it from his bag. He stuck the needle in her arm, and she fell once again. I walked over to her, not running this time because I knew what was going on now.

"Mer?" I said, her body still laying on the ground. I became worried, and kneeled down to shake her body. "Meredith?" I asked with a stern voice. "What the hell happened to her?" I shouted.

Bruce crouched down, and put two fingers on her neck. "She's still alive. She must be worn out from all of the changing." I held back tears, "She should wake up in-"

We were startled by her waking, she coughed, gasped for air, and had tears streaming down her face.

"Get her out." she shrieked,

"GET HER OUT."

******

Next chapter should be posted within the next few days.

I have school now :/