Chapter 9. With You

Bucky~

"Your help was worth nothing." a slap was brought across my face. My chest was heaving, and my forehead was full of sweat. I was tied to a chair, and Meredith stood before me. Her arms tied behind her back. "You turned on us. You failed a mission that was simple. You lied about Rogers, and now you're really gonna pay for it."

The man wrapped his arm around Meredith's neck and pressed a gun to her head. She had tears streaming down her face. "NO!" I shouted, trying to break free. The tall man chuckled and pulled the trigger.

I gasped for air and rose up in the bed. It was only just a dream.I looked over to see Meredith still asleep. The light faded through the curtains. I pushed hairs out of face, and kissed her forehead. She never moved, even though I was sure to have made a lot of noise.

I slowly got up, and peeked out the window. Leaves had fallen more than the day before. The window was foggy, and so was the air. It had to have been at least 65 degrees in the house. I grabbed a hoodie, and krept downstairs.

The coffee machine gurgled, and I grabbed a cup out of the cupboard. I walked up the stairs to check on Meredith, her body was still tangled up in the covers. I let her be and walked down hallway to the empty room diagonal from ours.

Sipping my coffee and staring into the dull room, shoulder against the doorway. All of a sudden it changed into a light yellow color. There was a small bed with many stuffed animals lined up. The vision was sort of blurry, but I could see what was happening. I backed up a little, startled by the scene. Toys were spilled out onto the floor and a small book shelf filled with Dr. Sues and Frog and Toad.

I kept shaking and rubbing my eyes trying to knock myself back into reality, it was no use. And there sat a little brown-haired girl. She was wearing a sun dress and wore a flower crown. Her eyes met mine, and I took a step back. She smiled at me and giggled.

She stood up and danced, twirling herself around the room. She was the most precious thing I had seen. She looked so much like Mere- I was snapped out of my trance. "What are you doing Buck?" Meredith asked.

I looked over at her, and then back to the room. Everything was back to it's original state. Half empty boxes, brooms and cleaning tools. But no girl.

"I was j-just seeing what we are going to do with this empty room." I told her. "Maybe it can be a library or something." she said. "Right, right." I replied, still staring back into the blank room.

We sat on the couch in the living room with the fireplace finally cool enough to be on, with Friends on TV. She was drank her coffee while curled up in a blanket, with her head up again my shoulder. I was amazing to see how she could feed herself without my help.

* Flashback *

"Mer just let me help you." It was the first time Meredith and I were home eating a meal together. "I can get by on my own." She said, the spoon shaking in her hand.

The attempt ended in a disaster. The hot chicken noodle soup everywhere on her lap. I got imediatly, assisting her, and grabbing napkins. "Let me do it." she snapped.

* Flashback over *

"Would you like to do something today?" I asked her. She took a moment to think, "Yes. What do you have in mind?" she questioned. "Maybe go to the pumpkin patch? Decorate the front porch?"

"Are you serious?" she exclaimed, raising her head up. "Yes, Mer." She countinued to scream with enthusiasm. "Alright, alright Mer!" I said chuckling a bit.

I got us all in the Jeep, leaving for the patch. Henry was asleep on her lap, and we listened to radio, screaming out lungs to a Hall & Oats song.