Chapter 10. Love On The Brain

Meredith~

It was a damp spring morning. It was dawn and the sun was barely peaking over the clouds. I had a nervous tick, making myself be awake this early in the morning. Bucky was still sound asleep, his muscular arm around the pillow, holding it tightly. I slipped on a silky robe, and quietly crept down the stairs.

I started the coffee machine, and waited patiently for it to beep. It was miraculous to see the way that the house had played out. After being blind for quiet some time, you would think that I had no idea what I was trying to explain. But as I began to remember the days that we were designing, he had placed everything in the right spot.

The old passed-down-from-generation-to-generation grandfather clock softly ticked with grace. The fire place was pitch black, now only hold charcoal, and there were multiple books lied out on the coffee table. Walking over to it, I noticed the many genres. From romance, novels, biographies, and mistaken horrific stories.

There was a knock on the door, furrowing my brows, I opened it. Natasha and Wanda stood holding multiple bags of food in their hands. They dropped them on the ground as soon as they saw that I was that opened the door. They both bombarded me with a giant hug. I was confused at first, then realized that they hadn't seen me since the incident down in South Africa.

Natasha cupped my face, not saying anything about it, and didn't even bring it up once. "We have the food for the reception and the after party." Nat said. "What after party?" I asked knowing nothing about that she was talking about. "Stark and the guys came up with something last night." I blinked my eyes several times with an "Alright then." and motioned them to come inside.

"I bought you iced coffee, and bought all they had on the fridge shelfs at Starbucks." Wanda said setting the plastic sacks on the counter. I gave a her a you-know-me-too-well smile and hugged her. "Don't worry, I brought all of the makeup. I am a master at eyeliner and eyeshadow."

"Wow." I said, "So I really don have to do anything but try and look good?" I said laughing. "Oh trust me honey, Bucky will be drooling when he sees what I have done." Nat said. I turned the TV on and sat on the couch wearing a big baggy sweatshirt, sweatpants, and wool socks while shoving my face with the incredible cinnamon roles that Wanda made.

I hear the window's beginning to shake. I got up to look out, and saw Tony's helicopter landing in my backyard. Bucky was slipping a leather jacket over his shoulder's. Before I could say anything to him, I was forced backwards around the waist. "What the-" Nat cut me off before I could say anything, "Did he see you?" she asked. "No!" I said unwrapped her arms from me.

"Why did you pull me away?" I asked. "It's bad luck for your fiance to see you on your wedding day." I stared at her for a few seconds trying to process what she was telling me, "Well I have never heard anything like that in my life." I told her walking back to the living room, she grabbed my arm and yanked me back again.

"Holy shit Nat!" I yelled, "What now?" Wanda was chuckling, and Tony walked into the kitchen. "We're stealing your hubby for a while." he said, "Just until wedding time. You know, just to get some man time in." I nodded my head, "You look hot by the way." he said. "Get away from her Stark!" I heard Bucky yell.

"Well I better go, see ya in a few hours!" he shouted walking out the back door, and heard it slam. "Well now that that is all over with," I said, "Can I go back to enjoying my cinnamon roles?" They both laughed, "Whatever you want Meredith."

Two hours had passed, and those two hours felt like eternity. The kitchen was filled with the scent of velvet an vanilla cake batter. Wanda and Nat won't let me see until we get the dock. The wedding is being held in Asgard. Thor, Clint, and Steve had done most of the setting up days before, so it was their time to relax.