Chapter 7. The Man Who Can't Be Moved

Meredith~

It was late in the evening I guess. I wish I could have seen my sister one last time. Being blind is scary, it's like you're in a dark, locked closet, and there's no light to turn on. Everyone gathered in the mess hall to eat dinner.

We were served chicken salads as appetizers, and a specific meal served when a funeral is taken place. "I would like to talk to Peter." I said to Bucky. "Okay. Let me go find him." I nodded, and heard him get up. "Meredith?" someone said, I tried to make out there voice, it was sort of boomy, but gentle.

"Thor?" I questioned, "Yes. It is me. I just wanted to tell you that the whole thing went smoothly. I have something that was specially made for you." I heard him take a seat next to me, and placed a round, marble-feeling texture in my hand.

"It's a necklace, with some of your sisters ashes in them. It's glass, and it glows the color gold. Now you can be with her all the time." I shedded a few tears, "This is very kind of you. Thank you." I told him. "You are very welcome, Meredith. Anytime you would like to visit Asgard. You know where to find me." he kissed my hand and left.

I sat there is silence, holding my sister. My little sister. The one who gave up her life for me. It was incredible to think of her as the most unselfish, and least judgmental person I know. She was a true shining star. Her body belonged up in the galaxy. She's more of a princess than I'll ever be.

"Meredith," I felt a hand on my shoulder, startling me. "Yes?" I asked. "It's Peter." I got up out of my chair, I felt Bucky grab my arm, and wrapped in around one of Peter's. He led me to the balcony with a fountain. "Buck said you wanted to talk to me." I nodded, "I wanted to see how you were holding up."

I could feel him grip tighten. "I don't want to leave." he said, I frowned. "What do you mean?" I asked. "I know you didn't know about us. And I don't even know why Audrey never told you. I mean, you guys are sisters! Don't you gossip about everything?" I chuckled a little. "We did. We did indeed."

"But Peter," I started, releasing my arm from his around his, and found my way to his head and cupped his face. "You can't carry on like this. You're young! Way too young! 18! All of you're feelings were so caught up in her presence, that you two had no idea what you were doing!"

I felt him gulp. "You're such a nice, good-hearted young man. A girl, maybe not like Audrey, is out there waiting for you." He latched onto my hands and removed them from his face.

"But you don't understand Meredith!" he said, voice shaky. "The moment I met her was a day I'll never forget. She walked through that door with such power, I couldn't take my eyes off of her. When I shook her hand, my arms felt like Jello. I was so scared that I was going to embarrass myself."

"Her blue eyes made me sink, like an anchor being lured into the sea. Her brown hair was so shiny, and her skin was flawless. And her smile, oh, her smile made me smile, made me happy, so happy that I wanted to jump in the air and click my heels together."

I grinned, "Oh, Peter." I said. "She was the best thing that had ever walked into my life." I shook my head, "You had no idea what you were going to have to deal with when you got with her." He sniffled, "No, I didn't. But it-" "Didn't matter because all you wanted to do was be with her." I finished.

"Yeah." he said. "I know, Peter. I had this same conversation with Bucky when our feelings were getting set into place. I warned him, I didn't want him to deal with me, I knew I was a mess, a disaster waiting to happen. I tried to talk him out of it. But we both knew that we loved each other very much. And I wouldn't change my desision about not walking out that day."

"Wow." he said, "And look at me now. I'm blind. And that man still cares as much about me as he did when he first laid eyes on me." "Yeah. That's true love." he said. "I guess you could say that it is." I told him.

"Lady Meredith!" I heard Thor shout. "We'd better go." I said beginning to walk, but he snatched my arm. "I'm not leaving." he said sternly. Only if I could look him in the eyes. "Peter, what did we just discuss?" I asked him as if he was a four year old child.

"Is everything alright over here?" I heard Steve ask. "What you told me about you and Bucky made me realize that Audrey was my person." he announced. "Meredith, what's going on?" I could hear Bucky ask.

"Aunt May isn't going to be happy." Tony said, "Let's get going before she grounds you, and that's the last thing we need." he said annoyingly.

"No." he boomed.

"I'm staying here."

******

Oh Peter, Peter, Peter.

The feeeelllllllssssss.