Chapter 6. Drops Of Jupiter

Bucky~

Meredith began crying, I carefully tried to wipe the tears away, trying not to startle her. "Shh. It's okay." I whispered. "Who's there?!" she asked. "It's Bucky." I told her, she smiled, but she wasn't looking at me, "Bucky?!" she said with a shaky voice, "Yeah, Mer. It's me." I replied holding her face in my hands.

"Why can't I see anything?!" Everybody got quiet. Tony tapped me on the shoulder, telling me it was his turn. "Hey Meredith. It's Tony." she turned her head, trying to locate his voice. "Well um, do you remember that spirit that took over your body?" he asked. "Kind of." she responded. "Well, she took over your sight so many times, you couldn't handle the stress anymore, so you can no longer see."

Her breathing became heavier. "Is it permanent?" she asked. "As far as we know, yes." Her eyes watered again, "Oh God." she cried, "Where is my sister?! AUDREY?!" "Hey, hey, hey." I said, holding onto her hands.

"Meredith, please calm down." Her grasp was firm. "Audrey saved you." she had a grim look on her face. "What?!" I stopped myself, knowing that I blurted out the truth a little too quickly. "She risked her own life to save yours." She was mumbling stuff under her breath, "Y-you mean she's d-dead?!" I closed my eyes for a few seconds, "Yes. I-I'm so sorry Meredith."

I held, and rocked her back and forth as she sobbed. Tony invited Pepper over to help Wanda get Audrey prepared. Natasha had Peter's head on her lap, while she ran her fingers through his hair. She was pretty much the mom of our super family. Aunt May knew nothing about the relationship, but Nat sure did.

Steve, Pierto, Clint, and Thor went to Asgard, getting things set up. Nobody had a cheerful shine in their heart. Everybody was broken down, tired, and all around depressed. Being the mighty heroes the world says we are, we aren't as strong as they think.

* 4 Hours Later *

Asgard was surprisingly one of the most breath-taking places I had ever seen. Meredith and I walked hand-and-hand. So many Asgardians showed up for the funeral. I guess family is a huge deal here, even if you don't know the person.

Meredith looked amazing, wearing a long black dress with a lace veil. She wore red lipstick and flats were the best choice. She was upset she couldn't wear heals anymore. "How does Audrey look?" She asked.

I took a second to look. "She's wearing a creamy dress, there is a flower crown wrapped around her head. And she's holding a bouquet that Peter picked out in her hands."

"He must feel terrible." she said. "Yeah, he's not taking it too well." I told her. Steve asked for my permission, to hold one of Meredith's hands. "Who is it?" she questioned. "It's Steve." he said, "I just wanted to tell you that you look gorgeous, and you're parents and sister would be so proud to see how strong you are." she grinned.

"Thank you Steve." she put one hand on his chest, and another caressing his cheek. "A suite," she began, "And a tie. I bet you look very handsome." He ended the conversation by kissing her hand. As the sky grew darker, with the sun setting low, a song began to play, ushering everyone gathered around the dock.

"Now that she's back in the atmosphere,
with drops of Jupiter in her hair.

She acts like summer,
walks like rain,
reminds me that there's a time to change.

Since the return of her stay on the moon,
she listens like spring,
and she talks like June."

Peter was bawling into Natahsa's shoulder. People behind sniffled, Meredith had tears falling down her cheeks. I could see a few steam down Steve's face. The song brought back so many memories. So many small moments that seemed so big now.

"Tell me,
did you sail across the sun?

Did you make to the Milky Way to see the lights are fading?
And that heaven is overrated?

Tell me,
did you fall for a shooting star?

One without a permanent scar?
And did you miss me while you were looking for yourself out there?"

The boat floated away as the music continued. Bringing more tears, and thoughts back. I wrapped my arm around Meredith, as she rested her head back on my chest, closing her eyes.

"Now that she's back from the soul vacation,
tracin' her way through the constellation.

She checks out Motzart of what she does Tae-Bo,
reminds me that there's room to grow.

Now that she's back in the atmosphere,
I'm afraid that she might think of me as,
plain o'le Jane told a story about a man who was too afraid to fly so he never did land."

The boat finally reached the waterfall, the archer's shot their arrows, hitting the boat perfectly. Her ashes lit up the night sky, making it look more beautiful that it already had been.

Tell me,
Did the wind sweep you off your feet?

Did you finally get the chance to dance along the light of day?
and head back to the Milky Way?

Tell me,
Did Venus blow your mind?

Was it everything you wanted to find?
And did you miss me while you were looking for yourself out there?"

Audrey~

It was a strange feeling, being on the other side. I could see everything, everybody. My parents' fainted figures were up in the sky, welcoming me. Saying goodbye means never seeing each other again. So I like to say "see you later."

With my soul released from suffering, I still look at my sister in pain. But I see such a wonderful life for her ahead. After all the crazy encounters, meeting your childhood heroes, getting a feel of what's it's like to be brave, I'd say I've had a pretty full-filling life.

All the bullying, lies, deaths, and never understanding why I was so different from the others, was gone.

I have never felt so free.

******

:-'( :-'( :-'(