Dance Partners?

Gene's P.O.V.

"Sweetie, aren't you happy? We're going to those dance classes I know you love so much!", my mother cheered as she drove us the dance studio. She somehow got this idea that I just love those dance classes she technically dragged me into everyday.

"I don't like them, I hate them", I spat out, hoping that she'll get the message and take Dante instead. He seemed like the type to do these kinds of things. However it seemed that she didn't hear me at all, or she just didn't care.

"Oh would you look at that? We're already here! Come on sweetie lets get going, wouldn't want to be late now would we?", she giggled as she grabbed her bag and exited the car.

I groaned as I reached behind the seat, my hand searching for a bag stuffed with many "necessary" things. I opened the bag checking to make sure everything was there.... And also making sure to take my sweet time. A towel, an extra pair of clothes, a rather large water bottle full to the brim with water and of course my phone. I sighed as I swung the bag over my shoulder and exited the car.

Honestly I don't know why my mom enjoys these classes, it's not like she's fat or anything. To be honest she's in great shape for someone her age. Couldn't she find another class to take? One that didn't involve me, but it's not entirely all that bad now that I think about it. You see, my mom and I are the best of the class.....somehow. Learning the dances are easy and dancing them are even easier, how do the others not know the dances by now?

As I continue to ponder how stupid the class is I failed to noticed how the instructor and my mom were chatting with a new pair of students. Completely passing them I continue my path to the back were I dropped my bag with a loud "thud". With that I began stretching, making sure to have my shoelaces tied this time, don't want that to happen again.

"Gene! Sweetie, why don't you come over here and introduce yourself to the new students?", my mom shouted across the studio. I cringed at how loudly she yelled silently making my way over to where she was. Huh two new students, I thought to my self as I got closer. A mom and her daughter it looks like, both look young.

"Ah, is this your son? It's nice to meet you, I'm Mrs. (L/N) and this is my daughter (Y/N)," the woman said as she extended her hand outwards for a handshake.

"The pleasure is all mine Mrs. (L/N), it's nice to meet you as well," I responded as I shook her hand, with a firms grip. Hey I maybe a bad boy but at least I have manners, they come in handy when you plan on manipulating someone. I look to her right to see a girl with (H/L) (H/C) held back with a ponytail/ headband. She wore a (F/C) tank top and a pair of black shorts/ leggings. She looked up to me, seeing how tall I was compared to her, she was at least 5" inches shorter than me. Midget, I thought as I slightly chuckled to myself. Guess she heard since she tilted her head to the side as she gave a puzzled look and a quite, "hmmmm?"

"So you're (Y/N), huh? It's nice to meet you, I'm Gene," I said to her as I held my hand out for a handshake. She looked like she was zoned out because she hesitated a bit before taking her hand out of her pocket and shaking my own.

"I'm (Y/N), uhh, nice to meet you too," she stuttered as she gave my hand a quick shake before putting her hand back into her pocket. Shy, that was first thing I thought of her, or maybe I intimated her. Her mom nudged her, she responded with a face palm. Suddenly the instructor clapped her hands grabbing everyone's attention.

"Attention I have an announcement to make, if you'll please be quite we'll get started with today's lesson sooner," the lady said as she walked to the front center of the studio, with the two new students beside her. "Everyone this is Mrs. (L/N) and her daughter (Y/N), please make them feel welcomed," They waved to the class with smiles on their faces. "Anyways lets get started with the class, get your places with your sons, daughters, mothers, or fathers!"