A Rival Arrives

Gene P.O.V.

"Alright class, I hope you all practiced your dances because we're about to begin!" Exclaimed the instructor as we all walked to the side of the room away from the center. I glanced at the phone in my hands, waiting for (Y/N) to reply that she was on her way already. The poor girl got carried away watching her show that now she's running late for class. I sighed, time to call her. I walked to the corner of the room away from everyone else. With that done I proceeded to click on her contact and press the call button. After only 3 short rings (Y/N) had answered her phone.

"I SAID I WAS ON MY WAY," shouted (Y/N). I held my phone away from my ear, don't want to go deaf....

"Well hurry up! Class already started and we're up first!" I shouted as I looked around, trying to spot the instructor.

"Count to 3!"

"3? Why-"

"Just do it!"

"Okay 1...2...3-" just as I finished counting I heard running footsteps coming closer to me. And their she comes..... And there she goes, right into the wall.

CRASH

I winced as I heard the sound of her body hitting the wall. Ouch, that's gonna leave a mark. I heard the poor (H/C) girl groan as she tried to stand up, I sighed. I stuck out my hand towards her.

"Well, I guess you're here now but couldn't you get here any faster?" I asked as she grabbed my hand hoisting herself up. She glared at me.

"Why you little- I just sacrificed myself to get here quicker! My legs hurt!" She said as she began to rub her thighs.

"Excuses, excuses," I said has I ruffled her hair, it's become a habit of mine. She whined as swatted my hands and tried to get away. Not this time cutie. I quickly grabbed her by the torso and holding her place as I continued to ruffled her hair. She squealed as she began giggling her cheeks started to redden the harder she laughed.

"Ahem," we turned around and saw the instructor right in front of us. They were just staring at us as well as the rest of the class. We looked around embarrassed. "Now that your both done being all cuddly I can now go on and introduce our new students!"

"What?" (Y/N) and I turned to look at each other. She wiggled out of my grasp as she turned to look around for the new students. Suddenly her face lit up as she began waving towards the new students. I turned to look at the new students as well, instantly I recognized one of them as one of (Y/N)'s friends for the other day. It was Zoe, and there was a boy beside her. The boy had brown hair, bright green eyes, he had a lanky form if anything he was mostly likely a weakling.

"Class these are our new members, Zoe and Jack! And now I have a full class, you guys are lucky to be with us. Today is the day I decide who will represent us in the national competition next month! First up is our power couple, (Y/N) and Gene!"

"We're not dating!" We both exclaimed as we walked towards the center of the room getting in our beginning position. And the music began, we started off slow and gradually picked up our pace to the point where we were constantly moving on our toes. Towards the end the song began to slow down so, naturally we also slow down. At the end we stopped, standing close to each other as the came to its end. A loud round of applause exploded as we finished, the instructor clapping the loudest from the rest.

"Excellent! This is exactly why you two the top of the class! Now who's next? Come on don't be shy, you guys might have a chance," as the instructor cooed the others to volunteer, we walked to new students, well more like (Y/N) sprinted.