▬ FOUR: GUNNER

FOUR:
GUNNER !

FOUR:GUNNER !

♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡

CHANDLER sat in the bathroom, feeling the plane rock up and down, side to side in a queasy assault to make her throw up the contents of her stomach. With the aided help of Flag's fists slamming against the bathroom, she felt it start to lurch.

Her mind whirled at her thoughts.

Would they fall out of the sky? Possibly lose a wing? Maybe one of the bolts were loose. Maybe aboard was a group of terrorists ready to strike. They would make them crash. But where? In the sea? In the side of a building? Then, thousands more would die. It would be all her fault. How would she live with herself? Well, she would be dead, but what if she survived? What if she lived and had to live with a knowledge she had allowed some terrorists take over this plane. Allow a hostage scene to take place. She was a soldier. How could she allow this? How could she not care enough to stop it? How could she—

"Chandler!" Waller's voice cut through her overactive mind. She felt it, the ease of the plane, it wasn't moving. It hadn't been moving for all of ten minutes, and the rattling of keys could be heard from the other side.

Quickly, Chandler took up her bag and left the bathroom stall. She pushed past the flight attendant and down the steps to feel the cool wind across her face.

She pushed the thought of going back on board a few hours later, and tried to focus on the matter at hand. Her mind didn't want to move past it and she tripped over her feet standing quickly. Flag put a hand on her shoulder, giving her a small smile of reassurance, before walking to the car.

They arrived at the prison a few minutes later with Waller briefing Chandler quickly of what they were doing. Superheroes were overused, this time they needed villains to complete the task at hand.

Why Waller thought this was a good idea was beyond Chandler. She thought it was utterly stupid, not that Waller knew she thought that. The woman would bite her head off with a single misstep, but Chandler knew Flag was against it too. He had fought back, yet she still thought this was the smarter move.

The prison was regularly gray and with the downpour, it looked absolutely dreadful. The walls were tall and barbed wire followed the length of them.

"Welcome to Belle Reve Special Security Barracks," the man greeted the four, mainly looking at Flag. "How you doin', man?" he asked with a large grin and squinted eyes.

With the downpour, both men wore hats and raincoats while the women stood underneath umbrellas.

Flag barely looked at the man, scoping out the perimeter. He motioned her hand to Waller who barely looked phased by the man looking over her. "Kiss her ass, she's in charge."

The security guard barely flinched, turning to Waller, extending his hand to her. "Welcome, ma'am, how are you? We're here to assist you in anyway," the guard shouted over the rain to the stoic woman.