▬ SIXTEEN: BATTERY ACID

SIXTEEN:
BATTERY ACID !

SIXTEEN:BATTERY ACID !

━ • ♡ • ━  

AFTER everything happened, the world just kind of... kept going. No one thanked the villains who saved them. No protests to let them go free. Everything was put under wraps and no one had any clue how it ended. One moment there was and then there was not.

Harley Quinn sat in her cage, same as before. Alongside the small table with an espresso machine on top of it. She had two cups filled to the brim as she held her book between her fingers delicately. She flipped through the pages at the speed of light.

"That's impressive," A voice called and Harley looked up to see Chandler smirking awkwardly.

"Channie!" she cheered, standing to her feet and flipping over to the front of the cage with a wicked smile. "Ya made it! Welcome to my lovely abode," she sneered, glaring at Griggs who made a face back.

"I wouldn't miss it for the world," Chandler told her softly. "Well, that's a lie, because if it's anything like we just experienced it would be one hell of a trip here."

Harley cackled as she leaned against the bars and grinned widely at her friend. "Ya know, I really didn't think you'd come. I've nevah had friends before," she told her.

Chandler nodded sympathetically. "Maybe because you're a psychopath?"

"Exactly!" Harley exclaimed. "No one wants to be around me!"

Chandler was about to reply when she realized they were still separated by the cage. "Open it," she told Griggs who looked at her surprised.

"What?"

"Open it, now," she demanded. When the man didn't move she turned towards him with her jaw set in agitation. "I'm not an idiot, I know what she's capable of. She could snap my neck in a moment's notice and I know I sound crazy but I trust the bitch. So, open the goddamn cage or so help me God I will get Amanda Waller on your ass."

"Y-Yes ma'am," Griggs stuttered, finally opening the cage. He had been so shocked by her, she had changed from a meek little nobody into such a hardass. It was totally hot.

Chandler walked over to Harley's little table, taking the cup of espresso in small sips.

"Here," she slid Harley a book.

"What's this one?" she asked curiously, flipping the pages quickly and smelling the pages.

"Some Nicholas Sparks book my neighbor gave me. I thought you'd like it," Chandler explained with a small smile.

"I'll love it!" Harley exclaimed, shutting the book with a harsh snap as she set it back on the table. "So, what do friends talk about?" she asked, pulling her legs into a criss-cross position as she folded her hands in her lap expectantly.

"Oh, um, I'm not sure. Work? Friends? Family? Anything really," Chandler commented, scratching the back of her neck awkwardly, unprepared.

Harley nodded, looked over to Chandler as she took a sip of her espresso. "Have you and the Captain had sex yet?" she asked, making Chandler spit the contents in her mouth out and cough loudly.

"Harley!"

"What? You said anything!" she smirked.

"Not that kind of anything!" she shouted back in annoyance.

"Are there really different types of anything?" Harley asked, pouting.

Chandler put her head in her hands, groaning loudly. "Harley."

"But can I know if you guys have?" Harley whispered in her ear making CHandler jump in her spot.

"We haven't done anything! It's only been a week!" she shouted.

"Oh, that's sweet. You really like him. Like me and my Puddin'. I love him a lot and I know he'll be here to save me. I just hope you're not with me when he comes," she smiled sweetly at her, making Chandler smile nervously back.

"Me too," she whispered. "But Rick and I haven't done much of anything. I don't know where we stand right now."

"Oh, hun," Harley whispered. "He'll come around, maybe without the threat of life or death he's just more nervous to say anything," she assured.