Chapter One

The school was busy. The students buzzed about the new student that would be attending Shibusen. Word has it that he became a death scythe without a meister or attending the DWMA. I wonder who this guy could be… I hope his symmetry is as good as his reputation!

Maka, Soul, Black*Star, Tsubaki, Liz, Patty and I stand around the mission board, examining the active, inactive, and completed missions. I could tell by the look on Black*Star's face that one of the missions had caught his attention.

"What is this…: kishin assembly in abandoned church? That mission was obviously too big for someone to take on alone, but not for the almighty Black*Star! I'm gonna find out who the jerk is that took the mission and I will fight him no matter what!" the blue haired boy yelled. Soul agreed to go along with him and with that they were off. Maka and Tsubaki sweat dropped as they watched their partners run off. Patty watched with a confused look as they ran and Liz just stared. "They…are such idiots." Maka said. Tsubaki agreed with a low "yeah".

"To be honest, you guys, I kinda wanna find out who took the mission too." Liz said. We all look at her. "I kinda have an idea on who it can be." Maka states with a smile. Our attention turns to her. "Who? Tell us, Maka!" Liz pleads. "You'll find out soon enough!" she teases.

Later on that day we find ourselves at the basket ball courts playing our usual game of basket ball. Makas having a hard time – like always. We sit down for a break. It's quiet and awkward at first until Liz breaks the silence. She turns and faces Maka.

"So, who's the person who took the kishin mission, Maka?" she asks again. Maka smiles brightly with her eyes closed and her shoulders humped up. "You won't believe it if I tell you!" she says. "Why wouldn't we?" Tsubaki asks. Soul chuckles a little. "She hasn't told anyone about this. Only me!" he says. His attitude was quite cocky.

We all wait anxiously for Maka's response. The silence grew louder, but that was ruined by Black*Star's obnoxious arrogance. "You guys are giving all the attention to Maka! How about we turn it over to the supreme Black*Star!" he tops off his sentence with a shrilling laugh. We all stare at the boy.

I sigh and ask Maka once more – losing my patience – who the boy is. She looks at me and smiles. "It's my sister!" she finally says with a giggle.

Everyone's jaw drops… (except Soul's and Maka's) "I told you, you wouldn't believe it!"