Chapter Seven

I let Sayomi stay at my house tonight. Her house was way farther away from the school and I wanted her to get some rest. I hand her over to Liz and Patty so I can go to my dad's office and inform him on what happened tonight.

As I arrived I saw Stein be greeted by Dad and let into in his office. I was next in line. I knock on the door. Stein opens it. "Kid…are you Sayomi and the others done with your job?" he asks. I nod. "But, there's something else that I need to talk to you about." I tell him. He lets me in. Dad greets me joyfully.

We all sit down at a large table upstairs. Silence…

"Well, Kid. What do you have to say?" Stein asks. "Tonight while Sayomi and I were completing our duties, someone had broken into the DWMA. Free, Eruka, and a witch. Not Medusa. Sayomi was attacked. The witch injected something inside of her…it was like magic or something. She's at my house now. With Patty and Liz." I inform. "Okay, Kid, I'm gonna need you to tell me exactly what happened." Dad says.

I begin to explain to him everything that happens. How Sayomi was taken by the fiend and had some crazy stuff put inside of her. How I wasn't able to protect her. Everything…

Dad clears his throat.

"Alright then… I'll have to check her out tomorrow. Lord Death, I presume that you do not with for Sayomi to continue her student-teacher job until she is thoroughly inspected and cleared?" Stein asks.

Well…that's fucked up…

"I suppose so. We don't know what could happen to her… Kid, I want you to watch over Sayomi, if you don't mind." Dad says. "Of course not!" I say. "Goody then. Well, I'll see you tomorrow then! G'night, Kid!" he shows me the way out and heads back upstairs to continue his meeting with Stein…well, I hope it's a meeting…

The walk home is terrible. I don't think that I can deal with knowing that Sayomi could be in danger. Damn it…

I get home, Sayomi pounces on me. We both land on the ground: she sits comfortably in my legs and our faces are so close together. "I'm glad your back!" she says with a red face. It's so cute! "Thanks. I'm happy you're feeling alright." I tell her. She stands and helps me up. "HI, Kid!" Patty yells. Liz greets me as well. I look at all three of them. They're all wearing a white short-sleeve shirt with baby blue shorts. Liz and Patty's hair is down while Sayomi's is in a messy bun.

I rush to her and pull out the rubber band that holds her long hair together. It all falls down her back. So beautiful!

"That's better." I say satisfied. "Me and Patty will be back, Sayomi." Liz says as she pulled patty along. She leaves me and a red faced Sayomi alone by the door. She takes my hand and draws me toward the couch. We sit together. Her head rests on my chest and her feet are pulled up onto the couch. Her hair iis in my face. It smells like strawberries. It's still intoxicating…

"Kid, are you alright?" she asks. I look down to the top of her head. She's not looking at me. "Y-yeah. Why?" curiosity rang in my tone. "Tonight…you seem upset." she says. I want to tell her that I wasn't able to help her and that I was sorry for not stopping that witch and a lot of other things, but it just wouldn't come out…

"KID!" she yells my name. Her eyes are locked on mine. I give her a fake smile. "I'm fine."

She sighs. My smile was a fail.

"Kid. don't worry about me. I'm fine. I promise." she says. Her eyes tell me to stop worrying and to trust her. I do.

"Alright." I smile for real this time. She smiles her perfect smile back.

"Sayomi…" "Wait, before you start. I'm gonna need you to stop calling me that. Mama calls me that when I'm in trouble." she laughs a little.

We talk for what seems like forever. We talk about everything and anything. She's so perfect. In every way. Her likes, dislikes, hates, regrets, wishes, dreams, everything!

But the one thing that really caught my attention was this: "Kid… I have one more wish."

"And what might that be?"

"That I would have met you sooner."

I can feel my cheeks get hot. She sits up and kisses my cheek. My heart pounds in my chest. I hear her giggle.

She takes my hand and places it over her left breast. He face is cherry-red. Her heart is beating just as fast as mine. "My heart has never pounded so hard and so fast in my entire life." she says slowly. I smile and agree with her. I take her hand and do the same. She smiles and snuggles into me again.

After a while I can tell that she's asleep. She's so cute, snuggled up into me like a little baby.