Chapter Fourteen

“So, we meet again, Death the Kid? I’m glad I get to see you again. I began to miss that beautiful face of yours.” She smirks. I remain quiet. “Listen, Kid. Yomi is trained well, just like you. You know that. Holding back won’t do any good for you.” Liz says. “Yeah, Kid!! We gotta kick the kishin outta her!! HAHA!” Patty says. “Your cute little weapons are right…unless, you take up on my offer and join me.” Yomi says. She swings her katana around and jabs it into the ground, her hand not being able to part from it.                

                “It’ll be worth it. Leaving the DWMA to live on as a ruling kishin with a girl that loves you so,” she smiles. I feel my eyes widen. My head drops. Of course I wanted to hear how she felt about me… but not like this. I never wanted her to say it in the state she’s in now… she may not even mean what she says right about now…it only makes me wonder: if she was back to normal, would she have told me this? Would I have told her this? It’s all so heartbreaking and confusing.

                “KID!!” a voice yells from behind me. I turn. “Damnit…catch ya later, cutie.” Yomi says and hops off. “CATCH HER!!” the person yelling was Stein. Maka was running along side of him with Soul in her hands. I turn and go the way Yomi was headed.

                Eventually, I summon my skateboard and find her. She’s with Eruka and Free again. “Yomi, stop!” I yell at her. Her head turns half way and smiles. The trio pick up their speed and begin to head for the Death Forest. Eruka and Free disperse, leaving me with Yomi. “Kid, we’re going after those two. You keep up with Yomi.”Stein says from a distance. I do as he says and continue to follow Yomi, who lead me to Death Forest.

                It doesn’t take me long to lose her, but I do. My skateboard disappears with a whiff of my hand. I begin to search on foot. “Be careful, Kid!” Patty says through her weapon form. I agree.

                I’ve been searching for about twenty minutes now. No luck. But I can tell that Liz and Patty are getting tired. They haven’t said much since we’ve been out here. Eventually, I decide to take a short break from looking for Yomi. I lean up against a large tree, leaning my head against the rough trunk. I smooth down a patch of grass with my hand, imagining that it was Yomi’s soft hair. What’s the matter with her? Why is she doing all of this in the first place…oh yeah, that witch…

                I begin to doze off on a tree, before I feel a strange presence. I look around the forest. Nothings there but a tiny abnormal white speck. I stand to my feet and take Liz and Patty along with me to check it out. I had to be sure that I wasn’t imagining anything. As soon as I reach out to poke the white speck it turns around and stares me in the eye…

                Damnit. Who would have known that it would be him…Excalibur….

                Silence………

                “FOOL!” he exclaims. “But I didn’t say anythi-” he cuts me off. “FOOL!! I am here to accompany you with this kishin-girl. Now listen closely…” he begins to jabber on about how he’s done in before… I hold my weapon in front of my face and ask, “Liz, how would you like to take your big sister here and shoot me…right in the middle of the eyes? Hu? You’ll be doing me a favor.” I beg. Patty just laughs. “…and that is the time when I defeated the 89 kishin!” he ends proudly, as if I was actually listening to him. “FOOL!! Do you hear that? I feel that someone else has been listening to one of my great stories!! You can come out now! Don’t be shy. Maybe we can enjoy a cup of hot tea together!” he offers. “Good luck with that…” I mutter. “FOOL!” he shouts again while pointing that stupid little cane at my face.

                It would have been better if he’d just beaten me with it instead of pointing it at me… -_-‘

                  “Kid. Kid. Hey, Kid. Kid. Kiddo!! Kid. Kid. How would you like to hear the long and vastly interesting provisions that I have 1000 of? Wouldn’t that be just delightful? Okay, lets start out with 576…” he continues to jabber on.

With Excalibur here, it only makes this feeling that I have deep down inside me worse. It’s like my heart is swelling up. It’s yearning to feel her again. To hear her voice again. I don’t want to be like this anymore. I never wanted any of this to happen. It was all my fault. That’s why im here in this forest now. Looking for Yomi, the “kishin-girl”. I think about her words “join me, kid”… it’s all too much… I don’t think I can deal with this kind of situation…it’s all too much to handle. Especially with sir-talks-to-much jabbing me in the back, demanding me to listen to him go on and on about absolutely nothing and for him to keep calling me a fool…maybe he’s right. Maybe that’s just what I am…a fool. Nothing more than a heartless fool.

 I take Liz and point her at my head. No one tries to stop me. I hold my breath and pull the trigger…POW!!

(The sound echoes through the forest)