Chapter Three

"There is no way you could be Maka's sister!" Black*Star folds his arms over his chest. Tsubaki tells him not to be rude. "Well, I am and… HEY," she says to me. "I remember you from earlier…you're the kid that pushed your head in my chest." She blushes as she says that aloud. "You assaulted my sister?" Maka fumes. I turn my back to her and fold my arms. "It wasn't assault, the balance of her breast are perfect! I don't see the harm in…" "MAKA CHOP!"

I feel something heavy smash against my head before I fall to the ground. "That should teach ya!" Maka says.

"Hey, are you ok?" someone asks. I tilt my head up: her beautiful face. The sun lined her face with its bright yellow rays. She's holding out her hand for me to grasp. I take it. I feel my heart drop. It's soft and warm; I like it. "Yes, I'm fine, thank you," I say. She smiles and giggles a little. "I-I don't think I can deal with trying to make another friend!" Crona says as he shivers. "Don't worry," the girl says. Her hand escapes mine and she gracefully makes her way to Crona and sticks out her hand for him, just as she did for me. "I'm Sayomi Albarn," – Crona took her hand – "your new friend!" she smiles at him. He looks away with a slight blush on his face. "I'm demon swordsman Crona." He says lowly. "AND I'M THE ALMIGHTY BLACK*STAR!" the idiot shouted. We all give our undivided attention to him. "SAYOMI ALBARN, I WISH TO TAKE YOU ON IN BATTLE SOME DAY!" he yells. Tsubaki looks worried. "Okay, sure." She shrugs. "Then it's settled. The two of us will fight and I will…" "Lose," she completed his sentence for him. He raised a brow. "What was that? Are you saying I'm going to lose to a wimpy little girl like you?" Black*Star clenches his fist. Sayomi leaves his question unanswered.

"Sayomi, I challenge you to a game of basket ball!" Black*Star shoves the ball toward Sayomi. She catches it. "I accept." She smirks.

"Team one - Black*Star, Crona, Maka, and Tsubaki – will be playing against team two – Sayomi, Kid, Patty, and Soul. The team that receives a total of 50 points wins!" Soul announces to everyone. "Team leaders, step up to the center and shake each other's hand." They do as they are told. "You're goin' down, Albarn." Black*Star chuckles. "We'll see." Sayomi smiles. Soul whistles as he released the ball.

The game began.

The score is our 48 to their 49. All they need is one shot to win. Everyone is tired and ready to end this, but Sayomi and Black*Star refuse to let that happen until someone is declared a winner.

Right now, Crona has the ball and he's made it past almost everyone of our teammates – except Sayomi. He dribbles all the way down the court and shoots the ball. We all watch. The ball circles around the basket before falling off. Sayomi snatches the ball from the air and makes her way down the court. She passes through all of Black*Star's teammates, except Black*Star. She pauses and watches Black*Star closely. "You might as well give up, Albarn, I'm gonna win this!" Black*Star taunts. Sayomi smiles. She focuses on the basket. I watch from behind Crona – who's blocking me. She bends her knees and makes the shot. Black*Star jumps to block the ball from making it, but his jump was too early and he misses. If she makes this shot, we'll win! (She shot from the three point line) We all watch. The ball swirls for what seems like an eternity before it falls into the basket making that glorious sound of it going through the net.

Our team jumps and yells while laughing. Sayomi high-fives Patty and Soul before pulling me into a tight hug. She pushes away, revealing her bright red face. "Good job," she says and pats my shoulder.

Black*Star is sulking on the ground with Tsubaki trying to keep him company. It isn't working so well, from what I see. Sayomi made her way over to the arrogant boy and kneeled down beside him. "Don't beat yourself up about this game, kid. It's not that big a deal. Besides, we still have to fight, okay?" she asks. Black*Star perks up and becomes his more outgoing self again. "Alright, then, Black*Star is back, YAHOO!" he shouts as he jumps into the air. I roll my eyes and smile.