Chapter Twelve

"As you all may know, one of our best weapons have disappeared. We don't have much info on where she could have fun off to, but we do know that she put up quite a fight before leaving." Dad tells everyone. "What do you mean?" Tsubaki asks. "He means that Sayomi Albarn did not run away. She was abducted." Gasps filled the room. "Who abducted her?!" Spirits yells. "We take it that it could be a witch, but we don't know who..." Stein answers.

That's when it hits me! That witch! The witch from the night of me and Yomi's kiss...our sweet, sweet kiss.

I yell out to everyone: "This witch... we encountered her during our punishment for sneaking into Shibusen." I finally say.

"A witch?" Stein asks. "She was flying above the ground and was accompanied by Eruka and Free. She...injected something into Yomi." "That's right. I inspected Yomi...it seems that the witch you ran into was Azura Tenhai. She uses her magic to do her dirty work...kind of like her own person human puppet." Stein answers. "Well, then. Since we have that settled, we know who the witch is... Maka, Black*Star, Stein, I want all of you to go out and begin a search for Miss. Albarn. We don't need someone as skilled as her working for a witch now, do we? Maka, do you think you can handle this assignment?" Dad asks. She sniffles. "Y-yes, Lord Death." "Goody then! Let the search begin!"

"Wait, Dad...you didn't say what I was supposed to do." I object. "Oh, right. I want you to stay back and wait to see if Yomi comes back." Dad answers me. "Right." I say and head out with Liz and Patty at my sides.

"Kid, why didn't you tell them about Yomi being the kishin?" Liz asks when we exit the school. "I don't want to stir up more trouble than I already have. That wouldn't help the problem." I tell her. "C'mon, Kid. What are you saying?! They have to know!" Liz exclaims. "No! They don't...that would only make matters worse for Yomi..." I sigh. I look over at Liz. She's holding her head down. I wait for a reply. "Things are already bad for her! What are you talking about?!" she shouts. Her eyes are watery and sad when she looks up at me. Patty is standing behind her, holding her back by her right shoulder. "It's ok, big sis." She says. "No...it's not ok." Liz says before she continues to walk. She takes Patty with her.

We walk. It's dead and silent. It's so awkward.