Chapter Four

The Death Room was crowded with all my friends: Maka, Soul, Liz, Patty, Tsubaki, Black*Star, and even Crona. We were all waiting for Sayomi to get back from an assignment. Dad says that if she does well she could be a student-teacher here at Shibusen. I didn't know she was as advanced as she is now. Well, that's what you could expect from her, I guess. Seeing that she was with Kami Albarn all her life, I suppose she would be on a higher level.

Dad's mirror rang a couple times before he answered it. Sayomi's beautiful face showed up in front of it. "Heya, Yomi! How's it goin'? How'd ya do?" Dad questioned. "It went very well, sir. I completed the mission just as you told me to. I'm on my way back now, so I'll give you a full report when I get back, if you don't mind." She smiles. "Of course not! I'll catch ya on the flip side, Yomi." He says before hanging up. ("I'll catch you on the flip side"…really, Dad?)

We all waited patiently for Sayomi to arrive. Spirit decided to join us. He was excited for her to come back, but before she did he was hugged up on Maka.

Finally she arrived. Everyone had clapped for her. "Thanks, you guys." She blushes, turns to me, and waves. "I'm so proud of you, Yomi! You've got talent, just like your Mama." Spirit hugs his daughter tightly. "Thanks, Papa," she says. "Spirit is right. You've got some talent! I'm quite proud of you! In fact, I think you're ready for that student-teacher job you signed up for!" Dad clapped his hands together. Sayomi's face lit up. "Really? Thank you, Lord Death!" she bows.

"Hm, I hope you can bring all you've got to the battle field. Our time to fight is almost here, Albarn. So, be ready." Black*Star threatens her. "You've got a lotta nerve threatening my daughter like that, kid." Spirit glares at the boy. "Whatever old man." Black*Star says before walking out of the room. Tsubaki follows up behind him.

"Hey, you guys. I'm gonna head on down to Papa's house for a shower. I'll catch you later, okay?" Sayomi says. Liz and Patty wave goodbye. Maka tells her that we're all going to meet at her house later on for some pie if she wants to stop by. She agrees and makes her way down the long hallway out of the Death Room.

I miss her already…

The night is young (about 7:00) and we're all at Maka's house, just talking and laughing. Kind of like those parties that old people go to where you just sit, drink tea, and share the gossip on other people, but better in a million different ways.

Sayomi isn't here yet. Maka had been on the edge of her seat ever since we've all gotten here. I can tell that she's excited about Sayomi coming to visit. I am too.

Eventually, she shows up wearing a blue TMNT shirt, a black jacket, blue, green, purple, black and white converse, with her hair pulled up into a ponytail, topped off with a blue ribbon that is tilting at least a millimeter to the right. "Must. Fix. Bow." I say.

I stand and rush over to her. I reach over the front of her and try to fix the bow, but she loses her balance and falls backwards. I land on top of her. I look down at her. (Even when she's on the ground she's symmetrical! It's so wonderful!). Her face is red. Someone pulls me up by the back of my shirt. Soul help's Sayomi. It was Liz who pulled me up. She sat me down between her and Maka. Maka stared at me with a I'm-going-to-kill-you-if-you-ever-touch-my-sister-again kind of face. But I pay no mind.

"Hey, everyone, me Patty, and Black*Star all decided on something." Soul says. "We want to break in the DWMA." Black*Star says slyly. We all stare.

"Tonight. At nine o' clock. When the school is totally empty." Soul shakes his head. "YEEEAAAH!" Patty says, raising her hand.

…These idiots…