CH:3: NO WAY ! YES WAY !

“Hey Mama, i'm home!” I sang throwing my jacket and backpack on the couch.

“In here!” She sang back.

“Ohh, something smells good.”

“How was your day?”

“School was great except you wouldn’t believe what happened to Dolla today!”

Dolla is a mentally challenged kid boy that goes to my school. He was a little one the heavy side and just a bit taller than me. He is black and he’s a really sweet kid. He collected money from the vending machines. Dolla isn’t all the way there in the head but he was well enough that he didn’t need a supervisor.

“Good or bad is he okay?” She said stopping what she was doing turning to give me her attention.

“Bad and yeah he’s fine now but, okay. I don’t know why this mexican kid did this but he punched him in the face and blood started gushing from Dolla’s nose and the floor had a bunch of blood on it, it was bad Mom. The mexican boy got arrested but he seriously needs some help, who does something like that to a slow person? I mean mentally ill person?” I said getting angry all over again.

“Ignorant people.” She said sternly.

“You got that right the kid is lucky the police got to him before I could cause he was gonna get his a… butt handed to him by a girl on a silver platter.”

“Your dad called.”

“Yeah, I know I called him when I saw I had a missed call from him he ain’t want nothing.” I smiled waving my hand.

“Why didn’t you answer the first time?” She asked curiously .

“My phone was in my back pocket and when it’s there I can’t feel it vibrate or hear it ring!” I replied nonchalantly.

“All that junk in yo trunk no wonder!” She laughed.

“I get it from my Momma!” I screamed hitting her donkey on my way out the kitchen.

When I got to my room I had a stack of mail on my bed all college letters of course except one piece of mail had an inmate number on it.

“MOOOOOM!” I screamed running downstairs showing her the letter.

“Ooh my. Are you gonna…” *Ding Dong*

“That’s Sunny i’m gonna hide it for now get the door please.” I yelled running to put the letter away grabbing my backpack on the way. 

Would you have helped dolla? 

Why is she hiding the letter? Who's it from?