CH:5: CAN'T STOP HIM NOW

We sat in silence next to each other as the music played. Was I wrong for being mad at Sunny for how he talked to Aadmir. I mean Aadmir did save me from a situation that turned ugly pretty quick.

Three years ago when I first met Sunny I  had went to with my friends. There was drinking , smoking and much more. We didn’t know it was a college/high school party but we were already there and our ride left to mind they own buisness. I spotted a tall dark skinned fella standing in the corner scoping the place out. He was handsome as I don’t know what. I took it he spotted me cause he was headed my way. I turned to walk away but it wasn’t long before I felt a warm body against the back of mine and a deep voice whisper in my ear softly.

“I think god has answered my prayers tonight.” He whispered.

My body stiffened as his voice hit my eardrum.

“Relax baby girl i'ma always protect my angel.”

“Thanks but I can handle my own.” I replied pushing him off of me lightly with my booty.

“Ohh, yo might wanna watch how you throw it back cause I can catch” He laughed.

I couldn't help but laugh at that one maybe giving him a chance wasn’t so bad. Just then my friends called me to the middle of the dance floor as the beat to Keri Hilson’s ‘Tell Him The Truth” dropped. I followed their voices through the crowd, and began to let the rhythm flow through me like i was the speakers. I loved to dance and don’t have a problem showcasing my skills. Everybody began to pair up and of course the tall handsome fella with the dreads made sure he was my partner. The Dj was playing all the slow jams.

“Dang girl, you got some moves.” He said as we slow danced to Tupac’s “I Ain’t Mad”. He held my waist as I held his neck on my tippy toes.

“Your not to bad yourself.” I smiled.

“Where is my manners? I'm Aadmir and i’m 16 and I think you are amazingly beautiful.”

“Why thank you and it’s quite a pleasure to meet you Aadmir. I’m…”

“No need to tell me baby I did my research I know your name but I prefer other names for you sweetheart, you're 15, you captain of your dance team, you live w/ your Mom and you talk to some knucklehead named Sunny. That’s what you call him at least.” He chuckled.

“Well dang do I got a Wiki page I don’t know about?” His source knew me down to a T.

“Naw, I just like to do a little background before I go in for the kill I also heard you stingy with the cookies and milk and classy which I diggs to the fullest something tells me you're not like other girls. I like a trendsetter not a follower.”

“You got that right” I say feeling like someone was watching me.

You know that feeling when it feel like someones eyes are touching your skin. I turn to notice a group of guy, who were all handsome, watching me and Aadmir dancing.

“Hey do you know those guys? They staring and whispering, and it’S kinda creepy.” I stated

“Naw, not on a personal level but I think they see something they like but can’t have as long as i'm alive and breathing.” He said pulling me closer to his buffness. He was swole and tall his arms were heaven.

“Guess that’s a long time since your 16 huh. You and I both got a long way til it’s our time.”

“That’s right so let’s make the best of it my darling.” He said kissing me lightly on the cheek.

“Well see about that but in the meantime I need to go check on my crew.”

“Ohhh , what a good friend you are.” He smiled letting go of me.