CH:9: HOME SWEET HOME

We finally arrived to our hometown and I stopped to get some ice at Walmart my favorite store next to any clothing/shoe store, it has everything from glasses to food. I got back into the car to find Aadmir gone.

“Where the heck did he go?” I said aloud only to find Aadmir at the passenger window with a bouquet of Roses.

“These are for you my angel.” He said closing the door behind himself, handing me the flowers. Don’t scare me like that I was scared shitless!” I said nudging him.

“You can’t just be leaving me in the hot car in a parking lot sleep.” he laughed.

“You were sleeping peacefully, didn’t want to wake you.” I said starting the car.

“It’s okay you can wake me anytime baby trust me I don’t mind.” He smiled

“Thank for the Roses and okay I’ll remember that.” I winked. Should I have winked? Too late to take it back now. Aadmir asked questions about his crew and my crew to get all the latest gossip so I helped him play ketchup. Ha, get it catch up & ketchup. Okay, maybe not. Anywho. With Aadmir’s house only being 10 mins away we got there in no time.

There was a huge sign that stated “WELCOME BACK AADMIR”. There was balloons, music, and a bunch of people that welcomed him back with open arms. Everyone, even the Pastor thought Aadmir did the right thing by defending me so no one had grudges except the guys who got beat up. After everyone said there hello’s we went inside to eat. My girls, Aadmir and my momma and I cooked some of everything: greens, yams, turkey, ham, chicken, crab, lobster, shrimp, mac & cheese, salad, rolls, cakes, pies, fried Oreo's, fruit salad, and much more it like the last supper in that house. We all ate, danced, talked, played Xbox, Wii U, cards, we had it all. Aadmir also got to finally meet his sister from Cali who was 13 going on 14 and his baby sister who was about to be 2 she was as adorable as they came. When he went to prison his mother found out she was pregnant. I stepped away from the party to the porch to think. Thinking I was alone I bent over leaning on the banister resting on my forearms looking into the beautiful sunset. I felt arms wrap around my waist which picked up my heart rate cause I thought I was alone.

“What’s wrong baby girl?” Aadmir said turning me to face him.

“Nothing just needed some fresh air.” I said trying to pull away but his grip was tight.

“You got your thinking face on so lay it on me baby girl.” he said pulling my chin up with one finger locking eyes with mine.

“It’s nothing seriously, let’s go back in the party.” I said pushing him toward the door still in his grip.

“I got a better idea.” he said pulling me gently of the porch.

“Where are we going? I asked trying to loosen his grip on my wrist but he wasn’t going.

“To the park to talk in private.”

“You do know the park is outside right, it’s a public place you know, don’t seem private to me and slow down I got on heels dang.” He stopped in his track then turned to face me, I stopped as well.

“Unless  you want to go in my room behind closed doors?” he said raising his eyebrow.

“Umm , the park it is.” I said pointing to the park at the corner.

We sat on the bench and looked at each other for about a minute.

“Are you gonna just stare at me or talk to me?” I said breaking the silence.

“I'm still tryna see how imma take you from Sunny, he don’t deserve you baby girl. I can’t stand that you slipped through my fingers.” He said shaking his head.