Kirito's calling

The phone was ringing. Ringing and ringing. It's mellow ringtone echoing around the room. Kirito's eyes, onyx and beautiful, were wide with wonder yet crusted with sleep. Having decided that he should answer the phone, he grabbed the phone and sluggishly asked "who is it?" Inaudible speech followed and soon the phone was back in its stand. "Asuna," he urged innocently "...I have to go and fight." Dropping the minuscule teaspoon in her hand, she turned to him, shocked yet devastated. Suddenly, floods of tears eroded her eyelids and steamed down her tender cheeks. "You...you...you can't leave me!" She stuttered through broken tears and a broken heart. "First I'm forced to resign and now they take the love of my life! This won't stand!" Asuna exclaimed, falling to her knees "why does everything I love leave me?!?" Guilt flooded Kirito like a tsunami, every inch of him, every muscle burnt with pain and heart ache. "I'm sorry Asuna," he cried, collapsing down beside her and stroked her hair "I must...to protect you and Yui and Aimi." Sniffling, Asuna smiled and wrapped her arms around his neck tightly and kissed him. "Come back to me..." She whispered "I don't know what I'd do without you..." Placing a finger to her soft lips, he replied "of course I will."
A cold wind blew over the land. The sweet aroma of wild flower and sea salt that floated on the breeze was now cold and sickly. The glinting blade of his ebony Elucidator stuck to the eye and his coat of midnight cut through the wind like a knife. Silhouettes of familiar faces stood in the distance and approached them. Heathcliff stood proud on the hillside, awaiting Kirito's arrival, impatient yet inviting. "Kirito, I'm sorry to hear that Asuna could not accompany you." Heathcliff apologised. "I'm sure it's for a good reason." Sneering, Kirito made his way through the crowd to the faces he knew most. "I'm going to partner you up based on skill sets, companionship and likability," Heathcliff explained, his voice monotone and mellow "Klein and Agil...Lisbeth and Kirito...Silica and Yolko...Yuiler and Sasha and I will be with Argo." Squealing with delight, Lisbeth pulled Kirito pulled him into a hug and clamped into him. 'Well this is going to great...' Kirito thought, sarcasm arising in his mind.