Prologue

All was still in the night at a clearing in the middle of the forest. Insects chirped, owls stalked for prey, and fireflies illuminated the area making it look magical in nature. A soldier on horse back emerged from the forest and onto the clearing. The man wore regular silver armor and a helmet that covered his face. The armor he was wearing had a crest of a pegasus on the chest area. The man looked around the area and then shouted " Perimeter secured!!" before more men wearing identical armor and riding horses of their own emerged from the forest as well. " Keep tight men" a man with brown hair said. He wore the same armor but it had a darker color scheme then the rest. He had blue eyes and a short beard with a silver sword in a scabbard tied around his back.  The men continued to spread around the forest clearing all on edge.

" Commander Dolph, no abnormal activity here sir" one of the soldiers reported.

" Keep looking, according to the vision there is supposed to be a breach here" the man with brown hair responded.

" With all due respect sir, there has not been a breach in over a hundred years"

" I know, but that is no reason not to still be cautious"

" Sir!, a powerful energy level has been detected, can you sense it" one of the soldiers said to the  commander. Commander Dolph closed his eyes and said " Its a powerful one, stay alert men!!".

Suddenly the ground started to tremble causing birds to fly out of the trees. A symbol suddenly appeared on the floor in the middle of the clearing. It began to radiate a blue light into the sky causing the ground to shake even more. After a few moments had past an enormous black claw emerged from the ground and grabbed onto the earth pulling up what it was a attached to. A huge creature then emerged from the symbol on the ground and roared. It resembled an ape only it was the size of an elephant and was made completely out of darkness. Its face looked like a skull while the chest area, claws and legs were covered in human like bones and its eyes glowed red.

" Akuma!!" one of the soldiers shouted.

" Men begin attack!!" Dolph shouted as the soldiers jumped off the horses and ran at the beast with weapons in their hands. The beast glared at the men and then shot a beam of black energy towards them. Those that were unfortunate enough to get hit by it shriveled into dust. 

" Keep fighting!!" Dolph ordered.

A group of soldiers got close to the demon and began piercing it on its sides. Enraged the beast shot a dark sphere of darkness into the sky. The orb exploded and black specks began falling down like snow. " What is that stuff?" Dolph asked himself. The specks then started to touch the soldiers causing them to shriek in pain. " Men!!, what's wrong?!!" Dolph shouted.

" Whats happening to me?!!" one of the soldiers said as he started to give off black light. He then transformed into a smaller version of the Akuma as did the remaining soldiers leaving Commander Dolph completely alone. " MEN!!" the man shouted as he got off the horse and pulled out his sword. The miniature Akuma began running towards the commander growling. " Im sorry!!" Dolph said as he slashed one of the creatures in half causing it to explode into black dust. He then killed another and another until all of the former soldiers were dead. He then dropped to his knees and shed a tear. " IM SORRY!!" the man screamed into the air. He then saw the original Akuma who was just staring at the man. It began to make strange noises that made it seem as if it was laughing. " You, ILL KILL YOU!!" the man shouted. His sword then started to glow red light. " Pyro Slasher!!" the man shouted as he slashed his sword in the air creating a wave of fire that struck the demon in the chest with great force knocking it to the floor.

Dolph then ran towards the demon with his sword giving off red sparks. Once he got close to the beast he jumped into the air and shouted " Incinerate!!" as a stream of fire launched from the silver sword and blasted the demon creating a huge explosion. Once the man landed he waited for the dust to clear. Once it did the beast shot another powerful beam of darkness at him. He held his sword up and cut the beam in half only to be hit by the same specks of darkness that turned the others into demons. " Damn!!, well if in going to die then I'm taking you with me!!" the man said. He then pointed his sword at the monster and roared " Brilliant Phoenix Flame!!" as a stream of fire shot out the sword taking the form of a fire bird and shot it straight through the chest. The Akuma let out a painful roar and then exploded into black dust. 

" My job is done" Dolph said with a smile. He then put the blade of his sword under his neck. " At least ill be dead before I get turned into one of those freaks, remember Seika, all our hope ... is in the Bastion now" the man said before splitting his throat and falling to the ground with blood pouring from his neck. " Bastion ..... save .... this .... country" Commander Dolph said on his final breath.