Chapter 6

Kari is extremely excited to meet the warrior Sif.

    She's read about her in Norse Mythology, and she can't wait to see her in real life. She's so happy that she's practically skipping in front of Loki, and he has to remind her multiple times to calm down.

    "You will hurt yourself." He chides.

    "No I won't. I've done it many times before, and I haven't injured myself in years." Kari dismisses.

    Loki and Kari arrive at the armoury, and Kari sees a warrior with jet black hair sharpening a sword.

    She's wearing a silver breast plate, and a red leather skirt with silver surrounding it. Kari thinks she looks beautiful.

    "Hello." Kari chirps happily to the woman.

    The warrior stops sharpening her sword. "Hello, fair maiden. You must be Kari." The woman assumes.

    "Yes. Are you Lady Sif?" Kari asks, slightly nervous.

    "Indeed I am. Your father requested I train you. Do you wish to learn self defence?" Sif asks. Kari nods eagerly, causing Sif to chuckle.

    "But I also wish to learn to fight. And be a warrior." Kari says.

    Sif spares a glance at Loki, who warily nods. She fixes her eyes back upon Kari and smiles. "Very well, I shall teach you to fight." Sif decides softly.

    She then turns to Loki, and her soft look hardens into a glare. "Know that I am not doing this for you, but for Odin, Thor, and Kari. This does not change anything between us." Sif snaps.

    Loki releases a chuckle. "I did not think it would. Farewell, Sif." With his trademark smirk, Loki turns and walks away.

    "You do not like my father." Kari notices.

    "I do not. He has caused a great deal of pain to many in Asgard."

    "He did the same on Midgard. Some parts of the city are still piles of rubble. Once a year, on the day of the attack, almost everyone enters the gates of the memorial, and people pay their respects." Kari states.

    "And yet you still care for your father?"

    "He still cares for me. Why should I not care for him? Besides, he has changed. How else would he have fallen in love and had a child?" Kari defends.

    Sif stays silent, not wanting to correct the optimistic teen.

    Sif then takes Kari into the armoury, looking at all kinds of weapons.

    "A good warrior finds a weapon that calls to them. Be it sword, bow, or dagger." Sif informs the child, and Kari looks around the place.

    She knows none of the bows or crossbows are for her; she's been in some fights at school, and she enjoys the close-up combat.

    She passes the swords, because all look too big and too heavy.

    The staff isn't her thing either. She picks one up, curious, but then puts it back. It is too long, and too hard to maneuver.

    The axes also aren't her type.

    But when she reaches the daggers, she smiles. She knows one of the daggers would suit her, she just doesn't know which one.

   She passes each one, and somewhere about two thirds of the way through, she finds the right one. The hilt is gold, and easy to grasp as well as grip.