Chapter 9

When will the torture end!

During period 1 the fire alarms went off, they were screeching making my ears hurt immensely and have been like that for the past 50 minutes. So we have all been evacuated to the front of the school, but of course it wasn't an actual fire it was just someone who pulled the fire alarm.

I saw her today, the girl. She was at Stile's locker when I was walking past, I kept my eyes cast down.
Malia
Malia was her name, she was Stiles' 'girlfriend'.

Girlfriend is a weird term in the dictionary it is defined as 'a frequent or favorite female companion; sweetheart.' But I define it as a clingy girl that can't live a day without calling or texting you, it is stupid to think you love someone when your this young. It won't last.

The teachers escort us back into the classrooms as the bell for period 2 goes. My next class is health, Lydia is in my health class, at least I won't be alone.
Hopefully.

'Ecstasy, cocaine, ice you guys know the drugs just don't do them. Don't do drugs, don't sell drugs, don't think about drugs. End of discussion.' Say coach all of us rolling our eyes. But then he starts up again.
'Actually it's not, drugs will get you killed, fined and in a bad place in life, you'll end up like the hobos that hang around the corner near the grocery store, bad place to end up.' I have to endure another half hour of this before the bell goes, this is going to be a long day.

By lunchtime nothing significant has happened. But as I open the doors to the cafeteria I am bombarded with the sounds of different groups.
Arguing
Ranting
Gossiping
Mocking
Too much, there is always too much sound.

Someone taps me on the shoulder, I turn around to see a face, a boy's face. No one I know though, so I'm thankful for that.
'Hello?' He asks wearily
'Um, hi!' I stutter back
'I need to get past' he says gesturing to my position in the middle of the entrance blocking the doors.
'Oops, sorry'
'Thanks' he replies walking past me.
I'm so stupid
'Saw you talking to Adam?' I jump turning around to face Lydia.
'Adam?' Not knowing who she was referring to.
'The boy that you were embarrassing yourself in front of!' Oh shit she saw!
'Oh, yeah, he just wanted to get past' I awkwardly state,
'Okay, sure' she said looking at me slyly.

She directs me over to a table with four people seated at it with two seats left. Pushing me down into a seat next to her and Scott, she starts her salad and I start my... I didn't get food! I rise from my seat to line up but Lydia pulls me down again, this time I make eye contact with the person across the table from me. It's her, the 'girlfriend', Malia. In this little group of friends they seem to be dating each other or obsessed with themselves. I haven't formally met the girl on the other side of Scott but I assume her name is Kira, Lydia mentioned her before.

Even though I've only known these people for only a day, they feel different then the friends I had back home, in National City.

'I haven't gotten my lunch yet' I tell Lydia
'Okay' she says suddenly not that interested by me but in someone across the cafeteria that I cannot see.
I leave the table with no other interruptions and line up.
I am not quite sure about them, they have kinda forced me into sitting with them, but then I'm also staying with Stiles so his dad probably told him to look out for me.

Lunch flies by and its fifth period, I haven't seen Adam anywhere and he's in none of my classes so far, why am I even giving him a second thought! I can't concentrate as our teacher bored us all, I take my phone out and hide it behind my textbook and start texting Winn.

Kara: Hey!!!!
Winn: Hi, how's it going at SCHOOL!
Kara: it's so horrible why do I have to go back to school! Curse you smart brain!
Winn: well I am not at school!
Kara: obvious
Winn: I'm enjoying a nice cup of piping hot coffee while the shrill of Ms. Hale's voice accompanies the annoyed mumble of tired employees. Music to my ears!
Kara: yes sounds enjoyable way more then the monotone voice of the teacher slowly putting me to sleep.
Winn: haha, heard anything from your sister? Make it back home okay?
Kara: yeah she's good
Winn: that nice
Kara: anyway how's the new assistant going
Winn: hahahaha, the new assistant is trembling in a corner right this moment as I'm texting you!
Kara: hahah, I hope your not giving her a hard time as well!
Winn: whaaat? I would never do that!'
Kara: sure, sure Winn
Winn: hahah, anyway gotta go, got lots of work to do!
Kara: yes, we both know that you won't be doing work just playing one of your stupid games!
Winn: they're not stupid!
Kara: okay, okay. Bye!!!
Winn: Bye!

I switch off my phone silently and slip it back into my pocket before the teacher notices.

I have no after school activities today, and Stile's doesn't either so I ride in his jeep back to his house. Of course Scott was coming as well was there anywhere they didn't go together, anyway, I had to sit in the backseat and just listen to them. I could feel my powers itching to let loose, I might have to go to the woods tonight let out some tension, this is harder then I thought.

As soon as the car is parked I jump out and head straight for the door, but having to wait for Stiles to open it because I still don't have my own key cut.

Scott and Stiles head straight upstairs and me to my room, but I look up to the roof of my room when I hear a loud yell into the phone and the stamping of feet going down the stairs, it was Scott and with that he left. I go up to Stiles' room to ask him what it was about.
'Hey Stiles?'
'Yeah?'
'Why did Scott leave so suddenly?'
'Well there was an axe murderer that murdered a whole family but one escaped and Scotts mum works at the hospital so she called for some help because the dude is there with several cuts.'
I look at him with a face of horror
'An axe murderer?'
'I wasn't suppose to tell you that, sorry, forget it!'
'How am I meant to forget it!'
'Umm..'
'Never mind I'm going back downstairs.' I end the conversation scuttling down the stairs.

Axe murderers, in Beacon Hills? The city had some pretty weird people in it but Axe murderers!
Sometimes I wonder if I should've moved, actually every minute of the day I think why did I come here, why didn't I in National City.

Oh well, too late now.
It's too late now.

Sometime during the night when I was sleeping there was a noise, I didn't know where it was coming from but it was a yell of pain from a boy,
A familiar boy.

Hi!
I don't know how I feel about this. It's so cringe.
Sorry😁

Word count: 1262 words

Love you all💞
Comment
Read
Vote
Follow